MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So local gas damaged my tank. Ethenol is crap. MV replaced my tank. It looks great. The stickers are under the clear coat. It looks so much better. Thank you Moto Forza and MV.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was the interior of the new tank coated with plastics to prevent it from bubbling up again?

My tank is bubbling up, too. Do you have a picture of your original tank?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 675 and i have some serious ripple. I contacted MV they have not got back to me yet. Did MV just replace your tank and paint it ect. How did the process work? Was anything out of pocket?

·
Registered
181 Posts
So local gas damaged my tank. Ethenol is crap. MV replaced my tank. It looks great. The stickers are under the clear coat. It looks so much better. Thank you Moto Forza and MV.
What color is your tank? I have a silver one and I hope my replacement tank has the decals under clear coat!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so i spoke with Bruce from MV North America and my tank will be replaced. Its being made to order and shipped. The dealer will handle the install. They were very helpful and what i thought was going to be a fight with MV turned into a painless expierence. The tank will come painted. Only problem is that the tank will take around 3 months to come in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
im in uk and my tank has slight ripple/bulges down one side along top edge ,only really noticable in certain light when looking for it,is this a recall or is it only changed under warranty

·
Registered
40 Posts
State side i know there saying its from the ethanol in the gas that they didnt account for. With way its not a big deal but it shouldn't happen. Guess it was an oversight on there part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just noticed my first ripples on one side of the tank today. seriously? i mean, seriously??? why was this not recalled, at least for bikes in the US? my service department is hours away. do i have to take it down to them just to show them so they can order me a new tank? great bike, but damn, it seems like they cut every corner possible to keep it under some sort of budget. i wold have happily paid more for the bike to not have such problems.

·
Registered
465 Posts
just noticed my first ripples on one side of the tank today. seriously? i mean, seriously??? why was this not recalled, at least for bikes in the US? my service department is hours away. do i have to take it down to them just to show them so they can order me a new tank? great bike, but damn, it seems like they cut every corner possible to keep it under some sort of budget. i wold have happily paid more for the bike to not have such problems.
I'm having my 2nd tank replaced. And my dealer is 2 hours away. Both times I didn't have to bring them the bike. An email with pics seemed to get them the info they needed. They ordered the tank and I just gotta bring it in when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm having my 2nd tank replaced. And my dealer is 2 hours away. Both times I didn't have to bring them the bike. An email with pics seemed to get them the info they needed. They ordered the tank and I just gotta bring it in when it arrives.
Did you get the replacement lined?

What about this newest one?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you get the replacement lined?

What about this newest one?

I don't understand why it would be the customers' responsibility to get any warrantied part reworked in anyway. The defect should be addressed by the manufacturer. I'll be damned if when I get my replacement tank I'm paying to have anything done. And if it bubbles again MV will be replacing it again and if that one bubbles MV will replace it as well..and so on and so forth. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't understand why it would be the customers' responsibility to get any warrantied part reworked in anyway. The defect should be addressed by the manufacturer. I'll be damned if when I get my replacement tank I'm paying to have anything done. And if it bubbles again MV will be replacing it again and if that one bubbles MV will replace it as well..and so on and so forth. :naughty:
"The defect should be addressed by the manufacturer."
Ya think? You should talk to some of the Ducati owners that I know who have been trying to get things like bulging tanks replaced.

"And if it bubbles again MV will be replacing it again... and so on and so forth."
As for MV, I’ve been trying to get my tank replaced ONCE for over a year. I’m still waiting for an answer from MV Agusta Canada.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I suppose if you don't mind the aggravation, downtime, and trips to and fro the dealer. Many don't have the luxury of one nearby.

At some point they will no longer be liable and then what?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seriously it shouldn't have happened. That being said i sent one email about it. They responded, then called me. Not a problem what so ever tank is being made and sent over and my dealer is replacing it. It was literally that easy. There was no hesitation by MV. Follow the proper channels. I will honestly only buy MV's based off of there willingness to admit mistakes and fix in an acceptable timeline.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just got the call that my tank came in today. 30 minutes later got another call telling me not to bother coming in. The tank was scratched during shipping so they're having MV send a new one. I live pretty close my MV dealer and getting warranty parts and work done has been a breeze for me. Guess I'm lucky though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Seriously it shouldn't have happened. That being said i sent one email about it. They responded, then called me. Not a problem what so ever tank is being made and sent over and my dealer is replacing it. It was literally that easy. There was no hesitation by MV. Follow the proper channels. I will honestly only buy MV's based off of there willingness to admit mistakes and fix in an acceptable timeline.
I had no problem as well. My dealer asked for a couple pics and later said they will order the tank. I've had a few problems with the bike but have never had any problem getting good service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did not know this was a common issue. My tank just bulge up and it is an eyesore. How do I proceed with warranty? Contact dealer or MV Agusta directly? I'll post some pics later. :/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts