MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a tank bra for the Brutale? I pick up my bike this weeked and I'm already worried about scratching something. Oy!

·
Registered
434 Posts
What's a tank bra? :wtf: If you mean a cover for the tank...I think you're going to hide one of the nicest elements this bike has...Just my opinion...

MV'sssss

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
FERROMAN said:
What's a tank bra? :wtf: If you mean a cover for the tank...I think you're going to hide one of the nicest elements this bike has...Just my opinion...
I agree...if that is what you are talking about, do not hide the beauty... :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ventureshield

try the Ventureshield clear protective film. Kits are available for Brutale (tank & headlight), easy to install and virtually undetectable.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've got the film on the part of the tank where your knees rub. Bet you can't see it in the pics of my bike (the pics w/the gold/Mg on it - I had it installed the same appointment)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to hide anything. I just don't want to scratch the very pretty and very expensive 910 logo off with my crotch. (Hey, that's kinda nasty.) If the clear sticker will save my paintwork, I'm all for it. I'm used to seeing tank covers (or tank bras as they're called in the Jap bike market) that are EXACT reproductions of the paintwork on the tank, panels, etc. Some company matches the color and graphics in both vinyl and leather. I thought the Brutale would have something similar.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the stuff is actually a 3M product. I purchased a ventureshield kit firstly then a sheet of the stuff through a 3m distributor to cover my forks. Works great against flying stones & again virtually undetectable

·
Registered
878 Posts
Are you talking about tank pads or tank bras? Bras are typically leather and cover at least the entire rear half of the tank. Pads are just what you described, they come in vinyl, clear or painted, or carbon.

I think you can find the pads on Ebay, they are typically in carbon....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts