MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success finding a small, simple tank bag with a magnetic footprint that allows use on the rather short, steel tank on the F4. My local multi-line shop has an nice Oxford that looks like it might fit the bill, but I have yet to run my bike out there for a test fit.

And for anyone who is going to recommend the eMoto tank cover/bag combo setup, I appreciate the thought but that is a little more involved and pricey than I'm looking for. I just want something simple to carry around a hat, cell phone, bottle of water, and a map on day rides.

I have a nice little bag by Joe Rocket called the Manta which I previously used on my Duc 748, but the magnetic locations on that bag don't lend themselves for use on the F4.

TIA for your thoughts. :yo:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Patrick

I've got an F4 750 and bought an Oxford 1st (medium sized but expandable) - it fits... just! The magnets don't engage 100% but together with the head strap it was secure enough for a 1000 mile very high speed run. I've just bought a Brutale and I'm looking at the options for it as my Oxford won't be any good.

Cheers

Alex

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Check out the Marsee bag. They make a 1.5 liter version called the "Bullet". I'll try to post pics of mine later tonite for you. They run about 65.00 and I don't leave home without it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
After reading your post again, I realized something I didn't catch on the first read.... you wanted to carry a bottle of water. Can't do that with this bag as it's a little too small. But it is perfect for a cell phone, wallet and a garage door opener. It also has a clear map pocket that zips onto the top of the bag -- sorry, it's not in the picture.
I believe I paid 125.00 for it at Pro Italia, but just found the same bag today at Beverly Hills Ducati for 65.00. I'm not sure if one of the shops made a mistake pricing it so I can't be sure what price it will be at the shop you go to.

First pic shows the bag on the bike. I took the second pic with my hand so that you could get an idea of the actual size of the bag when compared to an average sized hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you sir! :guitarist

I guess I could always convert over to those stubby bottle water bottles. You know, the ones that sort of seem like a shot glass on a hot day when you need a drink really bad. :laughing:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Thanks for the pics.

Obmot: How do you like the givi one (looks good on your bike)? Does it have any sort of clear cover?

I'm in the market for similar things. Ideally one that fits both a brutale & and F4.... I'd like a clear top for my existing GPS unit/toll thingy (ez-pass type thing).

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I also like the idea of a tank bag for GPS if i can't figure out a good GPS ram mount solution for the F4. Clear top would be great, maybe a flatter one to hold cell phone, wallet (cell phone has gps...).

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a Bagster tank cover ( http://www.bagster.com ) . It's in leather and is fixed with 4 stripes, one on steering, one under saddle and two under tank and frame. On it you can put several bags, from backpack size up to cargo container (well, not exactly but some are really huge!) :)
Bags fit on tank cover and are locked by 2 rings (front) and two metal clips (rear). In a couple of pictures in my album you can see my F4 travel-ready: here the bag top is fully extended (and loaded) even though I usually prefer to mantain a "lower profile" :)

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/morganchane/F4Bagster

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/morganchane/ProntiVia

·
Registered
418 Posts
both of those bags are Givi bags. The smaller one is quite nice for little bits and short trips; havent used the big one yet but both of them look bigger in the pics that they really are. I got both for around $100.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts