MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got Emma back I noticed the tank and airbox have a pretty big height difference. I think a couple of you commented about it at Gapalicious. Just doesn't seem right to me. Like there's a spacer of some kind that is missing. Any opinions or pictures of yours if you have an 2013+ F4**? If you can zoom into the picture you will see it's pretty pronounced.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
The tank mount by the riders seat is too far forward. Perhaps loosen the 2 screws that hold the mount in place and see if it falls back into place.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
difficult to say without seeing the bike. Take it apart and make sure the tank isn't sitting on a line or connector. Don't think the airbox can sit too low

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Hopefully it isn't tank bulge.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hopefully it isn't tank bulge.
I thought tank bulge wouldn't be uniform. Like bulging in one area more than others. This is symmetrically off. Dav777 might be on to something because it really looks like it's just torqued down so much that it is lifting the front of the tank. I haven't had a chance to look yet. Planning on bringing it to the dealer on Saturday for a vibration so either way I'll let them get it sorted since they're the ones that took it apart. Got new tires just before Gapalicious so hopefully the vibration is the balance.

Stuck squirrel? :nerd2:
I had a squirrel in my eave and bats in the roof vent. I should probably check to see they haven't moved to Emma's tank. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
21,435 Posts
Your fuel tanks mounts like every other fuel tank in the MV line. There are FIVE points of contact with the rest of the bike. See the red circles.

The tanks rests on the crossbar above the battery on a rubber mounted tab. The front of the tank has two alignment pins that engage with holes in airbox and the sides of the tank sit on two rubber isolated arms that rest on the frame tubes.

My guess would be that the airbox pins are not aligned and that you have a larger than normal gap at the tank/air box seam.

I worked on a friend's F4 and the tank swelling was uniform and engagement with the air box nigh on impossible. The tank appears to grow toward the front of the bike if pinned at the mount on the back.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your fuel tanks mounts like every other fuel tank in the MV line. There are FIVE points of contact with the rest of the bike. See the red circles.

The tanks rests on the crossbar above the battery on a rubber mounted tab. The front of the tank has two alignment pins that engage with holes in airbox and the sides of the tank sit on two rubber isolated arms that rest on the frame tubes.

My guess would be that the airbox pins are not aligned and that you have a larger than normal gap at the tank/air box seam.

I worked on a friend's F4 and the tank swelling was uniform and engagement with the air box nigh on impossible. The tank appears to grow toward the front of the bike if pinned at the mount on the back.

View attachment 471363

View attachment 471365

View attachment 471367
Thanks Chuck. Extremely helpful. Good news is Emma is still under warranty...I think. If the tank swelled it should be covered.

·
Super Moderator
21,435 Posts
Yes it should, Rob. I had my 800RR tank replace as a "Good Will" replacement even after the warranty had expired. Be prepared to wait for the replacement tank.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
I had some trouble with the tank not sitting down correctly with on 09 F4

The problem was that the fuel lines need to route to the right side of the alternator.
In my case one of the lines was getting between the tank bottom and the top of the alternator.
Could be something very similar for MY10.
Fuel lines, connectors, harness.
joe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update. Emma has, in fact, gotten a little larger in the tank. New tank is ordered so she'll be back to her Italian supermodel physique hopefully soon. Not sure if warranty will cover it or not. The dealer is still trying to work that out.

·
Super Moderator
21,435 Posts
Man, how I wish I could just order a "new tank" for my midsection...because "I've gotten a little lager in the tank"...:smoking:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts