MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are people's thoughts on this bike and, more specifically, whether its worth paying extra for a used Tamburini instead of an F-4. The Cycle World article seemed to inidcate that only a few parts and the tuning differed, and I wonder if that's worth the extra $10-15,000 I'm seeing in used sales.

A big part of the mark-up must be its collectibility. (What is it with the Italian manufacturers and their limited series? Guzzi has a mess of these). On the Registry it appears that no one rides their Tamburini, unless those mileages haven't been updated.

I'm curious b/c Bonus time is coming up next month and I need a new bike, one to love and show off.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The miles are difficult to update on the registry so they aren't. There are a number ridden here and worldwide.

The tamburini has a number of things special above the other F4 models, including the other limiteds. All carbon, Mg swingarm/frame plates, alu marchesinis and engine wise is the only model in the USA with TSS - with the other TSS models over 60k EU. You have the tribute to the master coupled with an exquisite bike based on the 1000's strong platform. That it's US$ 5k more than a Senna 1000 these days seems a bargain to my eyes.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Scottsdale's Euromotorsports LLC has a Tamburini (with 702 miles). Just a consideration, as it is priced under 40k! :stickpoke

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info everyone.

I read about the TSS-- MV says its the first production bike to include them. Only kicks in at over 10,000rpm, I believe, so I hope it doesn't suffer from disuse for long periods.

Eurosportsllc still has that Tamburini on their website for $38,000.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Drew said:
Freakin steal...The thought actually crossed my mind about owning a second one!!

That's an obscene thought Drew! :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Is it worth it? That is such a tough question...As in, does the extra performance justify the price premium in such a way that your friends and riding buddies won't look at you and think that you are crazy? Probably not.

However, if you want to own and ride one of the most significant motorcycles in the world, to call it your own, to immerse yourself in the howl of the exhaust note as it tears beyond 10,000 rpm bound to a chassis with near flawless balance and response...Then whatever they are currently charging is the price you will pay. THAT makes it worth it.

I stood near the front of the line, checkbook in hand, and paid full list for that privelage, and as of this day don't regret a single moment of the ownership experience.

Of all of the things that the Tamburini is to me, it is above all, an AMAZING motorcycle to ride. My R1 and RC51 are now almost useless, as the Tambo is both, and so much more.

Mine gets a workout ALMOST every weekend. Sometimes that is seventy hard miles, sometimes it is 270. I have other bikes for racking up miles on, the Tamburini thrives in the local canyons, freeways, and backroads near my house.

My advice, buy one now before you can't ever again. $35K is a deal.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
twoeleven said:
Is it worth it? That is such a tough question...As in, does the extra performance justify the price premium in such a way that your friends and riding buddies won't look at you and think that you are crazy? Probably not.

However, if you want to own and ride one of the most significant motorcycles in the world, to call it your own, to immerse yourself in the howl of the exhaust note as it tears beyond 10,000 rpm bound to a chassis with near flawless balance and response...Then whatever they are currently charging is the price you will pay. THAT makes it worth it.

I stood near the front of the line, checkbook in hand, and paid full list for that privelage, and as of this day don't regret a single moment of the ownership experience.

Of all of the things that the Tamburini is to me, it is above all, an AMAZING motorcycle to ride. My R1 and RC51 are now almost useless, as the Tambo is both, and so much more.

Mine gets a workout ALMOST every weekend. Sometimes that is seventy hard miles, sometimes it is 270. I have other bikes for racking up miles on, the Tamburini thrives in the local canyons, freeways, and backroads near my house.

My advice, buy one now before you can't ever again. $35K is a deal.

Griff
twoeleven
Nice post, sums up for me what is the essence of owning a limited and exclusive motorcycle, its more than the sum of all the parts, its the history, passion and the glory that makes MV the arguably the best machine on the road today!

·
Registered
328 Posts
If I had the money I would buy a Tamburini no questions asked. I fear that by the time I can afford it, they will all be in the hands of people who will not be willing to sell.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
+ 1 Peter, :) I would love to own a Tambo, definitely my favourite MV, even above the technically more avanced Veltro, but I think it will remain a pipe dream for me I can't justify paying out that kind of money sadly. :bawling:

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sup' James.
I saw Faisal (FSL) last week in FortWorth and he wanted to break her in before I got a lap that night. Called Massey about his S couple weeks back too and he decided on keeping it and not swap for the R (after talking with you). I might take his S for a spin New Years before the beer starts to flow. Or maybe the Fila, or maybe the....
PM me your number. I'd like to chat.
We're off to AR for lunch tomorrow on a brisk pace. You IN?? 8am in Allen. Check TSBA-Dallas.
Indy

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Bogomil,

If you need ask the question, the Tamburini is NOT the bike for you. My advice is to find THAT "new" machine that stirs your soul such that you have no question as to its value to yourself.

Why would anyone want to ride such a machine(?); rather, it should sit idle and silent as that is the "best" way to appreciate its worth.

JMHO... NOT,

Peter #292 @ mile 4675

1 - 20 of 56 Posts