MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

I am seriously considering buying a Tamburini. I currently ride a Duc Tricolore. It has had it's share of problems but I still love it. However the Tamburini just won't go away. So my request here is for any and all comments positive and negative about the Tamburini. There is no place better to get the honest scoop than the trenches. Give me the picture will you fellas?

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
lucky man, if i could, i would! Probably the sexiest bike ever made with performance to match. If you've ridden a 1000 before you'll know what to expect, and expect more. what more is there to say..........

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Lee,

As for the Tambo... I can't comment, but as the the F4 in general... its certainly got character. Mine is 'only' a 750 but i reckon the better you are, the more it rewards you.

Tip: if you,ve not ridden an F4 before, be careful at very low speed (in car parks, at junctions etc). they can trap your thumbs at the very moment they tip into the turn on full steering lock. That's the only negative thing i can think of. Oh, and my bike needs to have its tyres hot like no other make ive ridden!

Whats gone wrong with the ducati? My Dad's getting rather close to handing over a deposit on an 848.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I have not had the fortune to ride one only my 1000S which I would honestly have that over the 1098S (though the 1098 is a great bike and would be my second choice in the price range) but the Tambo is a level above what we are talking about in both looks and performance.

Tambo or 1098TC...love the TC but no contest.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I have not found one yet. There's a brand new one in the crate at Feracci's but the guy who bought it did so to turn a buck and the bidding is now up to 60K. I don't want one that bad. So I'll just keep my eyes and ears open. A nice one will turn up eventually.

As for the 1098. Don't get me wrong, it's a super fine machine. But there have been probs with stalling (both at a stop and while running), starters, batteries, cam timing, cam belt tension, misfiring and rough running below 4000 rpm, stuck throttles (at 4000 rpm on the road), bad ECU's, failing to start at all, etc. etc. I know it's a tempermental Italian scoot but guys bikes have spent more time in the shop than on the road. It's a bit much, wouldn't you say?

Anyone know of a Tamburini for sale please let me know. Either email or 1 724 772 9182.

Lee

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
BTW Lee welcome to the forum and stick around...also if you where to dig around here you'd find one or two who have had as much bad luck with their MV's as what you've had with your 1098, or any Jap bike for that matter...lemons happen.

Keep looking and I'm sure you'll find a secondhand Tambo for a good price...there was one here in Aus going for $AU60K...could have been tempting not so long ago when the Aussie dollar was less than half the greenback.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
There are 2 for sale. The one on ebay (rc30riders) and also Drew's. If you do a a search for tamburini in the for sale section you're bound to find it buried. Drew has a very low mileage one (around 500 or so?)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome Lee :)

As for the Tamburini, no negatives i think.
If you have the money and like it, just get it and i'm sure you won't be disapointed. :smoking:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
noisysilmotoman said:
Tip: if you,ve not ridden an F4 before, be careful at very low speed (in car parks, at junctions etc). they can trap your thumbs at the very moment they tip into the turn on full steering lock. That's the only negative thing i can think of. Oh, and my bike needs to have its tyres hot like no other make ive ridden!
Actually, the F41000s have a higher handle bar position so you won't get trapped thumbs. Ironically, I get trapped thumbs on the 1098 with the fairing at full lock.

I heard about the new one at Ferraci about a month ago. At the time, they were asking $49K over the $41K MSPR. Can't believe it's up to $60K now. If you're going to ride the bike, I'd stay away from that. That owner will probably only recoup the $60K if he/she leaves the bike the crate with 0 miles for the next 20 years. ;)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have PM'd both the guys with the bikes for sale and await a reply. Detroit is closer (I live in Pittsburgh) but I have to get some info on the L.A. bike. I'll find one. My son had a friend (he died) who bought a Tamb for himself and one for his brother. Brother's too fat to ride it so he just looks at it. I'm on him too. The friend's bike has been meggered with quite a bit and doesn't interest me.

·
Banned
23 Posts
hi mate i still think the Veltro is the best bike MV have made,but all MV's are great to have so you cant lose

1 - 20 of 36 Posts