MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you a Satch fan by any chance :yo: ...I don't know much about that site but question if it was genuinely for sale or there to attract people's searches...judging by all the pop-ups I'm leaning towards the latter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx, I listen to 'cystal planet' and thats about it...

the ad for the bike is quite old, who ever bought it, hopefully is treating her right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am from New Zealand btw, just recovering from a broken ankle. I fell off while learning to ride on a NSR250, hehe, my first time on a motorbike. I always have had a thing for motorbikes, and a little infatuation has grown into obession ever since I saw a pic of a F4.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hope you heal quickly, dirt riding is a great way to learn...no cars to look out for and doesn't hurt as much (usually) when you come off.

Go buy Satch's Is there love in space cd...some great tracks (two of them contenders for favourite joe songs) and well worth having in the collection.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Are you planning on getting an MV when your ankle is better? :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Welcome to the forum, you a Satch fan by any chance :yo: ...I don't know much about that site but question if it was genuinely for sale or there to attract people's searches...judging by all the pop-ups I'm leaning towards the latter.

oh man, good catch. I was totally thinking comic books (i liked silver surfer). How could I forget about Satch? good stuff..... good taste..... :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
silver_surfer said:
I am from New Zealand btw, just recovering from a broken ankle. I fell off while learning to ride on a NSR250, hehe, my first time on a motorbike. I always have had a thing for motorbikes, and a little infatuation has grown into obession ever since I saw a pic of a F4.

welcome dude. get better soon!

:moped:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
oh man, good catch. I was totally thinking comic books (i liked silver surfer). How could I forget about Satch? good stuff..... good taste..... :)
I used to listen to a lot of instrumental guitar (most genres, now I struggle to find the time). Satch is pretty at the top of the pile for me these days.

My nephew met him just recently at a show here as part of a platinum ticket package and has silver surfer as his email address.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanx heaps guys, really made me feel welcomed. My name is Rohan, I live in Auckland, New Zealand. I am 22, if it makes a difference and I love beer. Well, any alcoholic beverage will do. My screen name is based upon the comic character, I always liked watching the cartoon as a kid.

I would love to buy a F4 as soon as I recover. But, I think I better learn to ride on something not so potent. Also, I have to pay off the loan I borrowed for my Commercial Pilot's licence training and my Instrument Rating. I am going India soon to find a job as a Commercial Pilot. As soon as I am done logging enough hours, I will move to Europe or Dubai and work for an Airline there. By that time, my riding skills will be better and I would be worthy of owning a MV.

Rockethouse, I will have a listen to 'Is there love in Space'. 'Crush of Love' is my fav. Satch song.

·
Registered
367 Posts
silver_surfer said:
if it makes a difference and I love beer.
It makes all the difference :yo: .. to us aussies.

And as mentioned, dirt bikes are a great way to learn, plenty of youngsters here learn that way. Thats how I learnt growing up in Condobolin, NSW, Australia :)
I've been to your country, plenty of room there for it.

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
silver_surfer said:
I love beer. Well, any alcoholic beverage will do.

Rockethouse, I will have a listen to 'Is there love in Space'. 'Crush of Love' is my fav. Satch song.
mmmmmmm beer <insert drooling sound> :laughing:

Have you heard the way he plays Chrush of love on his Live San Fransisco DVD, its a lot better than the studio version and if thats your fav you'll love souls of distortion from ITLIS, it's now one of my all time favourites.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
"Have you heard the way he plays Chrush of love on his Live San Fransisco DVD, its a lot better than the studio version and if thats your fav you'll love souls of distortion from ITLIS, it's now one of my all time favourites."

I have got a live version of crush of love which is very similar to the San Fransisco version but the San Fransisco version is the best I have heard so far, thanks. Souls of distortion, I just watched it on you tube, very nice, thanx again.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Rockethouse said:
mmmmmmm beer <insert drooling sound> :laughing:

Have you heard the way he plays Chrush of love on his Live San Fransisco DVD, its a lot better than the studio version and if thats your fav you'll love souls of distortion from ITLIS, it's now one of my all time favourites.

yes, beer is good. i'm currently on a toohey's new kick.... good stuff! have to order some more soon, running out of that bottle.

for instrumental guitar: have you heard the disc from Petrucci & Rudess? They are both part of Dream Theater, but they did this one off concert of music they wrote on tour. (petrucci is guitar, rudess is keys). it's pretty sweet.... those guys are good! i listen to that on repeat quite often.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
yes, beer is good. i'm currently on a toohey's new kick.... good stuff! have to order some more soon, running out of that bottle.

for instrumental guitar: have you heard the disc from Petrucci & Rudess? They are both part of Dream Theater, but they did this one off concert of music they wrote on tour. (petrucci is guitar, rudess is keys). it's pretty sweet.... those guys are good! i listen to that on repeat quite often.
Don't mind the Toohey's New :friday: but Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ale I have been my preferd drop of late.

I have heard it...great music. I have a lot of respect for JP. The recent Satch tour was actually a G3 Tour with Vai and Petrucci. He has a solo album out now which is also excellent. Have you heard of a guy called Andy Timmons?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Don't mind the Toohey's New :friday: but Coopers Pale and Sparkling Ale I have been my preferd drop of late.

I have heard it...great music. I have a lot of respect for JP. The recent Satch tour was actually a G3 Tour with Vai and Petrucci. He has a solo album out now which is also excellent. Have you heard of a guy called Andy Timmons?

GF imports Toohey's, so that is a deal. But I can get Coopers from Costco.... I only really get the Pale Ale.... sparkling didn't do it for me.

would love to see the new G3. I saw it with Vai, Johnson, and Fripp back at Royal Albert Hall in london a couple years ago. very cool (though royal albert hall was an odd venue. not sure the acoustics go with rock guitar the way they do with other things....but what do i know...not my field....)

timmons...don't know. Should I?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts