MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel cap spills petrol up through the breather in to the recess of the tank and then it spills and leaves streaks over my tank, its starting to annoy me now and i just cant see how to stop it doing this. The breather is to the rear of the cap with a plastic pipe that goes into the void between tank and cap, any ideas how to stop this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
Leaker?

MVAGOGO;

fuel coming up from the tank SHOULD go down the rear vent....

If it leaks into the area under the cap it should go down the overflow drain on the left-

hand side

make sure these lines are clear......and the connection between the cap and tank drain

are correct

I have the complete Tamburini cap on my F4 and the if you will "plug" on the Brutale

both use the Tamburini "key" with no issues

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I agree with Noel, somewhere you cap drain is not connected to the tank drain line or you have a blockage. Can you take some pics and show my where you have that plastic tube going to ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel cap drain hole has a pipe attatched that is far to big to go into the hole in the tank, The cap came with no fitting instructions and upon enquiry to the company i bought the cap the said just feed the pipe into the void between tank and cap??

·
Super Moderator
22,311 Posts
Then that is where your fuel is. You need to ensure the drain lines are clear and not kinked.
I have this cap on my 312R and have had no issues going on 9 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts