1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
offer him 50 bucks. if he gives you crap, walk. he'll cave.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Unfortunately bikes manufactured for Europe or ROW cannot legally be registered in the US. Regardless, if anyone is looking for THE Tamburini it's in my garage and I'll entertain realistic offers.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Unfortunately bikes manufactured for Europe or ROW cannot legally be registered in the US.
ummm... where did you hear that? :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Regardless, if anyone is looking for THE Tamburini it's in my garage and I'll entertain realistic offers.
Wellllllll Drew. My definition of realistic may not agree with yours.....:shitfan: :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would assume to most the term, 'realistic' would be relative to current market. Typically I don't advise potential buyers to base their decision merely on price or in other words, the least expensive as there are several variables to consider. However, in this case the lucky buyer will not only receive arguably the finest near new and complete Tamburini available today but the least expensive sold to date, (to my knowledge) in this condition and mileage. That is unless someone wants to pay me more!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I would assume to most the term, 'realistic' would be relative to current market. Typically I don't advise potential buyers to base their decision merely on price or in other words, the least expensive as there are several variables to consider. However, in this case the lucky buyer will not only receive arguably the finest near new and complete Tamburini available today but the least expensive sold to date, (to my knowledge) in this condition and mileage. That is unless someone wants to pay me more!
Near New! is this a new way of saying second hand goods:naughty:

a Tamburini may be a nice bike, but it should however be riden and enjoyed, and too that point I wonder how one would compete up against a 312R? bearing in mind that the tambo rider may have his velvet gloves on and not ride the bike to its ability.

Perhaps the cost of the tambo is an actual set-back to its performance on the road (think - about - it)!!

it may look good but its just another MV Agusta Limited addition (300) like many many other MV limited additions to claw back cash, and indeed a 2nd hand one, that is growing older and becoming more out-dated every day

ive never been one with an eye for antiques

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Near new is the safe way of saying "its new, just the odometer changed"

+1. If i had the money I'd be buying that tambo in no time..

·
Registered
338 Posts

a Tamburini may be a nice bike, but it should however be riden and enjoyed, and too that point I wonder how one would compete up against a 312R? bearing in mind that the tambo rider may have his velvet gloves on and not ride the bike to its ability.

Perhaps the cost of the tambo is an actual set-back to its performance on the road (think - about - it)!!

it may look good but its just another MV Agusta Limited addition (300) like many many other MV limited additions to claw back cash, and indeed a 2nd hand one, that is growing older and becoming more out-dated every day

Quite surprised to hear these comments from a multiple MV owner however, and not to be rude, but it's obvious you just don't get it! Personally I'm not interested in schooling you on why the Tamburini is one of if not THE most collectable contemporary MV's or how it's internals differ from 'many other MV limited editions.' Maybe one of our knowledgeable members would be kind enough to enlighten you.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Let me just remove my velvet gloves so I can type a little faster............
I might be in a unique situation given I have a 2008 312R and a Tamburini.
Lets start with the 312R. modifications: Shock from the Tamburini and black long CRG brake and clutch levers.
7,100 kilometers on the odometer of which I have put on 6,500. Mostly country road riding and 1 track day.
It's major fault is it's fueling map at low revs, catalytic converter and weight.
Strenghts include extremely light wheels, front brakes and performance in the mid to high rev range.

Tamburini. Modifications: Brembo superlite wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, RG3 exhaust, titanium link pipe and chip installed. This bike also has CRG brake and clutch levers.
13,200 kilometers of which I've put on 7,000. No track days on this bike.
Faults (when compared to a 312R): Front brakes require significantly more pressure on the lever to achieve the same performance. That's it really. The 312R has a significant punch from it's engine at the top end however the Tamburini is no slouch either.
Strenghts (when compared to the 312R): Linear power delivery throughout the rev range, Those RG3s just sound better - intoxicating above 8,000 rpm. It's lighter.
Both of these bikes get ridden in exactly the same way everywhere they go. The Tamburini does handle better, in my opinion, but if I wanted to duplicate the geometery on the 312R I could but I have not bothered so that just tells me the 312R is not significantly worse just that it's different. To be specific the Tamburini front end that has better feedback during high angle turn in. The TTX shock is brilliant on the exit of the corner.
Which would be quicker around a track? My gut feeling is the 312R would be. I base that on the outstanding brakes and the 312R has to have an advantage at the top end of the rev range.
If I could only have one? It's got to be the Tamburini, any day.
Drew, I'm sorry you are looking to sell yours. Hope it goes to an owner who appreciates it as much as I do.
Dave.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I kindly thank all for the "enlightenment"

one other question

Is the Tamburini value for money?

or just a toy for those with the cash?

sorry but I dont fall into the catagory of crawl crawl, its lovely, (if only i had the money) routine

nice yes, but lets see whats new, comes up

perhaps its just MV in a whole im getting pissed at with nothing new ever coming around,

perhaps mikef4uk has the right idea following the route of R1

rather than wait the never ending "oh will it be this year" perhaps not, "maybe next year" perhaps not route of wondering if a new bike will ever evolve from MV

and if you did read, I did say; it does look good,

but not for me

how many miles does your tambo have on it Drew? out of curiousity?

Lovely bike, im sure someone will buy it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts