MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day, Klavdy, Gold Coast Australia here, first time listing on this board, so I hope I don't make too big a gaffe by making my first post a for sale one.
I have a Tamburini for sale, purchased new from Paul Feeneys at Nerang,
MOTO ARENA
49 Lawrence Drive,
Nerang, QLD, 4211
PO Box 2492,
The machine is a 2005 model, with less than 200KM's on it, and in the condition one would expect.

I am accepting offers over AUD $ 100,000, photo's can be sent by request,
and not those dodgy cut and paste ones you see on the suss E-Bay auctions.
This bike will NOT be listed on E-Bay,there will be no Western- Union or freight forwarding chicanery, none of the crap that comes up with such dismal familiarity.
Please feel free to contact me at

[email protected].

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Welcome to the site! I suggest you post pictures in this thread before everyone asks. What is the story behind the TM? Why do you wish to sell the beauty?

$74k USD ... hm..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
agusta01 said:
Hey Klavdy...welcome, please some photos and a small history bio, ie what number is it and the like? :)
Jeez, I've buggered that up, I just sent a reply,and I dunno where it went. Here we go again,
Righto, it's bike #27, one of only 9 I believe to come to AUS, it was apparently ordered by, get this, The Sultan of Brunei, along with the only two seater to be built, the deal fell through, Feeney had it, there you go.
It's got all the goodies as well, stand, jacket, helmet-, plaque, all tha-t, t-oo man-y -bikes, inc t-he F2.
i am going to try and post another pic, here's a garage shot, thats the F4, I will take Hi-Res pics of the Tamburini and upload 'em when I figure it out.
I will take pics with the current edition of The Courier Mail, so you can see its fair dinkum.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I saw thus described Tamburini at the Sydney bike show in November, there was a bit of hype about the 1+1 Tamburini on loan from the sultan of somewhere....did you buy it then in last few months?

Feeney's also have another Tamburini, certainly not in the realms of 100k...
What gives with your asking price...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, thats the F4, I will take pics of the Tamburini,

hmm, $50kU.S you say,

Quote:
"If I wanted one, I could buy one. Or two. Or maybe three.
But I wouldnt be trying to rip people off if I sold it.
Bike is worth $50k USD."

hmmm, how much are they going to be next year?
You will be a wise investor with three of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, sorry for any confusion, its not the 1+1, no, its a single seater that was ordered ,and the deal fell through.

·
Registered
474 Posts
IMHO regarding the Tambo:

Collectible - YES
Appreciating Investment - NO

In the end it's worth what you can sell it for. No more, no less.
The MV-wise educated audience here are advising that it is not worth what you are asking and that if you want to sell it to someone with at least half a clue about MV's then you price is :smoking: crack

Interested in what made you buy it, and then want to sell so soon?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
There have been a few Tambo's for sale here in the UK recently. Not sure if any actually sold but I would hazard a guess that £22,000 to £25,000 would buy one here. People who are still asking £30,000+ will have a long wait IMO.

·
Registered
479 Posts
admin said:
If you see the prevous threads there was a Tamburini up at a local dealer for 44k and sold--
Yeah, and quickly.

I don't think you'll make money buying one (unless you get a great deal) but you won't lose much on the purchase price either...unlike most bikes.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
IMHO regarding the Tambo:Collectible - YES
Appreciating Investment - NO
I have to agree with that...Yes the Tambo(with under 900 miles on the clock) @ Pro Italia was sold quickly, within a week for US$42,695, the original MSRP... it was a consignment bike so I am sure that Pro Italia got their standard 15% of the sale price, and I am sure the owner lost 6-12k(original purchase tax and fees plus the commission), not to mention the 1st service he had to pay for... but in all fairness he did owned the bike and rode it for 900miles and had his name engraved on the gold plate on the bike!

However, if the US government ban the importation of MVs, like the Ferderal firarm importation ban in 1989 I am sure the price would go way up, as it did drive the prices of some high quality firearms to 5X of its original price.

Klavdy, it's your bike, you can ask for any price you want, and if someone pays your price, more power to you! but I seriously doubt that anyone here at this forum would be the buyer of your bike though.

I am also curious about why you are selling it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts