MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never seen this bike before, allegedly 1 of only 3 Tamburinis built in the 1+1 configuration, this is #30/300.

Tamburini 1+1

Why don't the Europeans wear gloves?

I guess to match their open-faced helmets!

Does anyone have one? Does anyone have any good pictures of one?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It will be Thierry's bike, he's in Singapore and has a 1 + 1 Tambo, check the registry he's a member here. :)

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha! Never noticed it...Very beautiful bike. Well, sorry to be the safety police, but if that is you Thierry in the video, I think you should get some gloves!

Incredible machine, and thanks for the info!

Excellent pictures of this machine right here in our own registry! Shame on me for not checking there first! :nerd:

Thanks!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
257 Posts
twoeleven said:
Why don't the Europeans wear gloves?

I guess to match their open-faced helmets!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Griff, there was a 1+1 in Aus some months ago as part of one of the bike shows, I recall it being part of the 'sultan of somewhere's' private collection.
So that just leaves 1 unaccounted for!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I bet one of the factory guys has it Graham, Snr Castiglioni or Tamburini himself perhaps.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
You forgot to read the history

History: Sultan of Brunei ordered it, but did not want to pay for it. Bike was sent back to the dealer in Singapore, where I bought it.

Here are some pics I have- they were taken by the salesperson

Pt 1 :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Agreed, great pics, and now the Australian connection makes sense, what a superb history component to a magic motorcycle!

·
Registered
161 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
You forgot to read the history

History: Sultan of Brunei ordered it, but did not want to pay for it. Bike was sent back to the dealer in Singapore, where I bought it.
wow!! incredible why didn't he just pay for it??! :wtf:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
May be he'd just had one of his Rolls Royces gold plated, :tongue: had no spare change left in his pocket :jsm: and couldn't be bothered to send one of the servants down to the safe to get some more to pay for it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts