MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I new here and considering a MV..tell me all you know..I passed over the 999 and can't decide on the above two models..help!!!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
The Tamburini is going to coast around $42,000. So - it comes down to whether or not you want to pay the money for one. If you really want to decide, by all means go with the Tamburini! Otherwise there are plenty of F4 models to choose from, from the Ago to the regular F4-1000.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your brief reply. I knew all of this anyway, so I guess I will have to look elswhere for more detailed and specific answers from operators of each model

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
We have owners of both on these forums -- I am sure they will reply shortly. You can also check the registry for specific people who own either and have commented on them. cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What exactly do you want to know? The Tam costs twice as much, has much bling and carbon (the wheels are still forged Al; I'd rather buy BST carbon) which unfortunately only removes a few pounds, and except for the variable intake tract, is mechanically identical (from what I've read/heard) to the standard F4-1000. If dr stands for doctor, then I'd buy the Tam. :). I only have 1200 mi on my (standard) F4-1000S, but it is truely an awesome bike. Throttle response is a bit strange, which I am still getting used to, but it handles as well as any Ducati (I have one of those too) and has MUCH more power (above 6000 rpm).
Joe

·
Registered
338 Posts
drbeck said:
Thank you for your brief reply. I knew all of this anyway, so I guess I will have to look elswhere for more detailed and specific answers from operators of each model
Aside from a few minor tuning adjustments I don't believe your going to get much negative feedback from any of the F4-1000 owners. And with respect to performance between the two models you would be hard pressed to justify the additional 20K for the Tamburini. However, owning any MV is more about passion then anything and for me it was the Ago. Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
64 Posts
isn't the tamb like 173 hp and the standard like 152hp? thats a lot of difference on the 450 lb bike! it would be interesting to see a dyno run done on both bikes to see where and how the power differentiates. so come on guys dyno up and post the results! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
flyguyskt said:
isn't the tamb like 173 hp and the standard like 152hp? thats a lot of difference on the 450 lb bike! it would be interesting to see a dyno run done on both bikes to see where and how the power differentiates. so come on guys dyno up and post the results! :D
Ask and you shall receive.....

Dyno on my "regular" F4-1000:

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dyno run on melotti racings tamburini...with rg3 exhaust and epromm chip

So, is the extra $20K in cost still worth it!?!? Why care about this kinda of power that you can't and will not be able to utilize to its full potential?

Also, if you look carefully at both dynos, you will notice that the tamburini was tested during cooler temps than when my "regular" F4-1000 was tested.

It's up to you.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts