MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
187 miles since new, left turn signals quit working. Right still works. Any guesses on where to start looking?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Axecent said:
187 miles since new, left turn signals quit working. Right still works. Any guesses on where to start looking?
Loosen the two bolts (left and right) securing front fairing to mirror support pillars and manipulate fairing back and forth and left and right to realign. Re-tighten bolts. Repeat until electrical contact and function is restored. That failing, completely remove and reinstall front fairing. The electrical contacts to the turn signals are at the point of contact between the base of the front fairing and contact cover plate on body. Because alignment is critical, misalignment by only a few millimeters or degrees results in little or no electrical contact. If all else fails, check bulb by removing single screw beneath mirror housing and pop out mirror-bulb assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
If you've lost both front and rear I'd suspect the switchgear, or associated cable out to the idicators. Although it's rare to pop both front and rear lamps at the same time it's also worth just sanity checking that the lamps are still good.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,073 Posts
I would start by returning to my dealer for a warranty repair.:stickpoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
lewolfmd said:
Loosen the two bolts (left and right) securing front fairing to mirror support pillars and manipulate fairing back and forth and left and right to realign. Re-tighten bolts. Repeat until electrical contact and function is restored. That failing, completely remove and reinstall front fairing. The electrical contacts to the turn signals are at the point of contact between the base of the front fairing and contact cover plate on body. Because alignment is critical, misalignment by only a few millimeters or degrees results in little or no electrical contact. If all else fails, check bulb by removing single screw beneath mirror housing and pop out mirror-bulb assembly.

+1, I have MV carbon elec covers and they do give slight problems from time to time, I'm not sure but knowing what I know now I may not have bothered with those! I may have gone the carbon cover direction (if they look accetable) or even left them original painted die cast :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Yeah return to dealer. actually I disconnected mine for the track and never hooked them back up, what good are the front blinkers anyway? you can't count on anyone but yourself to keep from getting hit...IMO
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
I had a problem like that before on my Senna, it was simply the issue with the wedge bulb in the front mirror/signal rattling lose... the fix: remove the front signal lens by unscrewing the 2 screws and make sure the bulb is indeed operational and reseat it properly.

if that doesn't fix it then you might want to check other connections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,449 Posts
odonata said:
I had a problem like that before on my Senna, it was simply the issue with the wedge bulb in the front mirror/signal rattling lose... the fix: remove the front signal lens by unscrewing the 2 screws and make sure the bulb is indeed operational and reseat it properly.

if that doesn't fix it then you might want to check other connections.
Speaking of carbon covers, when are we going to see some of the pics of all that carbon you purchased? :mouthwate
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
Speaking of carbon covers, when are we going to see some of the pics of all that carbon you purchased? :mouthwate
soon...

My Senna is in pieces at the moment, but all the CF pieces(along with a bunch of other parts) have just been installed yesterday, still gotta finish the upper fan, the reverse shift drum and a few other things...Once it's done, I will start a new thread listing all the items with pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
esq'z me said:
I would start by returning to my dealer for a warranty repair.:stickpoke
I can't....the dealer I bought it from registered it in his name and when I bought it from the dealership (technically, I bought it from the owner of the dealership), 1/2 of the warranty was gone, as he had registered it 13 months earlier....and MV USA would not use my date of purchase to start the warranty, even though the bike had never been serviced. It isn't like I didn't know that before I bought it.....Before I closed on it, I asked the dealership to investigate and they did and reported that I would not get the full warranty, so I have no warranty now. $45K for a motorcycle and the importer tells you that rules are rules. OK. I wrote the factory. No reply. Owner- 0, Importer and factory- 1. Immediate result - I have trouble giving kudos to others about my buying/owning experience, and the market is small enough without having bad news like this permeating it.

Not a big deal. The money actually means little to me, but it left a bad impression of the marque with me. Naturally, that is only half the story. It took weeks to actually get the rest of the documentation and other accessories that originally came with the bike (mid-pipe, R-3's, chip, etc.----the manager claimed at the time of purchase that the bike did not come with that originally (from the factory), and I had to go to MV's own website to verify to him that it did and he owed them to me), and that was the biggest disappointment, although the dealership/owner eventually did make good on that. Blamed it all on miscommunication between owner and manager. But that line was blurred too, as the manager claimed to have bought the dealership through much of the time I was just trying to get the property that was rightfully mine. I have no intention of EVER taking my bike to them for anything involving service, thus my question.

Thank you all for your responses. I am going to start working on it later today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
holy crap, that is crazy! Although I got something via email telling me that i needed to take my F4R in for a recall (something to do with the timing chain tensioner), when I called the local MV dealer they told me that they don't like doing warrenty type service! WTF is that? how can you be a dealer and not making good on the warrenty?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,073 Posts
I would like to know who that dealer is (if they are still a dealer, they shouldn't be) so that I can be certain to not have any business connections with them.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top