MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-Superbike-2005-MV-Agusta-Tamburini-Brand-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49990QQihZ003QQitemZ130027500929QQrdZ1

"Brand New MV Agusta Tamburini, number 137 of 300. This bike has never been uncrated, this is the last tamburini in the world still in the crate and untouched. This bike once purchased will have the full two year warranty from MV Agusta, Take advantage of this auction and purchase one of the best bikes ever made!!! Last Winner Did Not Come Through so take advantage of this deal! Do not ask for reserve price!!! "

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Have to have a go at that one Alvin, Will you look after it for me? :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Either that or he's tired of current MV owners trying to lowball him!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I think he's trying to hijack searches for 999 and 999R.
No doubt....Fairy common and effective with bikes that have no specific listing, (Other Makes) on ebay.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Very tempted but see no value in paying a premium for a crated bike when I intend to actually ride it. What are low mileage Tamburini's actualy selling for? I haven't seen one come on the market in some time.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only Tamburinis I have seen come up have been about the MSRP value and snatched up quickly (~45k)

·
Registered
41 Posts
admin said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-Superbike-2005-MV-Agusta-Tamburini-Brand-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ49990QQihZ003QQitemZ130027500929QQrdZ1

"Brand New MV Agusta Tamburini, number 137 of 300. This bike has never been uncrated, this is the last tamburini in the world still in the crate and untouched. This bike once purchased will have the full two year warranty from MV Agusta, Take advantage of this auction and purchase one of the best bikes ever made!!! Last Winner Did Not Come Through so take advantage of this deal! Do not ask for reserve price!!! "
It is not the last Tamburini still in the crate and untouched

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Its up to $40K, reserve not met. Does anyone remember how high the bidding got last time? Just curious.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
cinderella man said:
It is not the last Tamburini still in the crate and untouched
No?! What's the story, then. Spill the beans... It has been consistently represented as the LAST one; but I'm sure we'd all like to know the scoop if it is being misrepresented.

I almost bought this bike about 6 weeks ago. Bought the F4R and 910R instead.

·
Registered
41 Posts
WYD OPN said:
No?! What's the story, then. Spill the beans... It has been consistently represented as the LAST one; but I'm sure we'd all like to know the scoop if it is being misrepresented.

I almost bought this bike about 6 weeks ago. Bought the F4R and 910R instead.
In this world one Tambo is still in crate,but not for sale.I can't say any more. In they add they should say;possible the last one in the crate,because they don't now what is happen with all Tambo's.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
cinderella man said:
In this world one Tambo is still in crate,but not for sale.I can't say any more. In they add they should say;possible the last one in the crate,because they don't now what is happen with all Tambo's.
I understood it to be the LAST UNSOLD Tamburini, which happened to still be in the crate. I'm sure there are a number of Tambos in private hands still in the crate, including the one registered on this site.

Why not divulge the generic details? No names... no locations. Is this ebay Tambo #137 the last remaining UNSOLD Tamburini in the U.S.? ...In the world? Please clarify.

·
Registered
41 Posts
WYD OPN said:
I understood it to be the LAST UNSOLD Tamburini, which happened to still be in the crate. I'm sure there are a number of Tambos in private hands still in the crate, including the one registered on this site.

Why not divulge the generic details? No names... no locations. Is this ebay Tambo #137 the last remaining UNSOLD Tamburini in the U.S.? ...In the world? Please clarify.
If it is to be the LAST UNSOLD,maybe their add is ok so I apologize for trouble.

·
Registered
106 Posts
WYD OPN said:

This crated Tamburini (137/300) was (and likely still is) located at KC International, the authorized Ducati-MV dealer in San Antonio, Texas. The eBay listing was placed by Kemal, the owner of KCI. It was my understanding a year ago when searching for an unsold Tamburini that this bike was located at KCI, had been sold, and that a number of extremely generous offers (well above MSRP) had been refused. I am uncertain whether the bike is now owned by Kemal, consigned to Kemal for resale, or whatever.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
***Now up to $44,000.00...Reserve has been met***

Based SOLEY on the ad's promise of the new buyer getting the full warranty from MV, it would be my guess that it is new and never sold, but that is an assumption on my part. I assumed it was a dealer who still had it as well.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
twoeleven said:
***Now up to $44,000.00...Reserve has been met***

Based SOLEY on the ad's promise of the new buyer getting the full warranty from MV, it would be my guess that it is new and never sold, but that is an assumption on my part. I assumed it was a dealer who still had it as well.

Griff
twoeleven
Yes, the Tambo is at KC International in San Antonio. Kemal is selling the dealership. The bike is unsold, hence the available MV warranty. There was also ANOTHER Tambo uncrated and in the showroom. It WAS reportedly sold and subsequently made available for sale, as I understand the facts.

#137 was previously bid to $43,500 and didn't meet reserve. The original reserve was $50,000, but was lowered.

I had dibbs and almost bought the bike after the last auction, so this is not speculation. If I keep watching this thread, I'm gonna be tempted to start bidding again. Gotta go!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
admin said:
Theres one in the crate in this registry..
I do wonder what is the point of ANY MV in a crate? :stickpoke it's a bit like being married to Angelina Jolie and keeping her in a straight jacket, mind you, then you could also say "yep,I also have an MV as well as Angelina, and I've never ridden that either" :jsm:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I do wonder what is the point of ANY MV in a crate? :stickpoke it's a bit like being married to Angelina Jolie and keeping her in a straight jacket, mind you, then you could also say "yep,I also have an MV as well as Angelina, and I've never ridden that either" :jsm:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Truly one of the very funniest things I've ever heard!!!!

But... technically, that would be much more equivalent to an MV being RE-crated after many miles, 'cause we all know EVERYONE has already ridden Ms. Jolie!!!!
:naughty:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts