MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Tambo and the 1098 over to a shop in Akron, Ohio called "Crooked River" to have the Tambo tweaked after installing the MC Ti pipes. They got 158 rwhp (corrected). Does that sound to you guys like an in the ballpark figure? All I wanted was to make sure the CO and A/F were right. Didn't get those figures though but they have them. I'm aware of the games that can be played with dyno results, and I'm assuming and hoping that these guys are straight. They seem to be good guys. Anyway how's that figure stack up? I'm not dyno literate. It is a "state of the art" dyno with a load cell and all the goodies.

·
Living the Dream
2,765 Posts
i am at 165 with the arrow cans (which i have been told have more performace than the MC), so it sounds like you are in the ballpark. Only thing that matters if it is usable power, enjoy!

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a PC on there? As long as it's running right I'm not going to fool with that but just curious as to the diff. More than I need by far.

·
Living the Dream
2,765 Posts
yeah, that is with a PC and a BMC air filter

·
Administrator
21,082 Posts
Different dynos have different results....FBF's as example is notoriously optimistic according to reports.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
sounds a nice figure to work with
most dyno jet rolling roads run high

i'd prefer to use dynopro as the don't lie and they even stated that dynojet over figured apparently its is built in the software to read high

dynojet took dynopro to court over this aligastion and then either lost or retacted the court order i can't remember which
this i know not tobe a lie as the owner of dynopro told himself when i was doing his alarm on his house and workshop in his garden and thats got alift how cool is that beats steps

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well then it looks to be what it ought to be. I queried them about the dyno and dyno vs dyno business and was told that their dyno gives actual corrected output, not inflated as some are. I'll have a look at the graphs when I go over. He did say it was a little squirrely below 4000 but from there up it was pretty linear. Sounds like the shop has "good" guys on the face of it. Been fooled before though.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You could never compare the numbers... only if the bikes were tested on the same dyno the same day... so numbers tell nothing about, how the bike runs... :blah:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Took the 1098 over to a shop in Akron
The 1098 seems to have been lost somewhere; what happened to it? I want to know!

so numbers tell nothing
Sorry but that's b*ll*cks. The variations aren't so big as to make a comparison totally useless. What were the figures on the original setup, as in state you brought it in to the shop? That's a meaningful comparison.

The Tovami bank my F4 1078RR was tested on (at 190.4 rwhp) is slightly optimistic to account for wheelspin. As long as you're aware of it.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Of course we can compare the numbers. We both live in free countries.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
We both live in free countries
What two countries do you mean? Do you include Germany, one of the eastern provinces of Holland? :stickpoke

Manuel (??) please don't feel offended!

Oh! Comparing is usually only meaningful in the case of two or more different subjects, as in apples and pears...

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
New Zealand and USA. Sorry for the confusion and bad attempt at humour.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dike Man,

The 1098 Tricolore didn't get lost and has been happily residing in my shop along with it's siblings. I took it to the original dealer to have a recall item done and they found something else. Sat there for 3 months this winter and when I got it back I discovered some problems as a result of their work, got ahold of Ducati North America (really, really nice guys by the way) and took it to the Akron dealer to get it rectified. That poor bike has been a bit of a "hanger queen" but I still wouldn't part with it. The MV, on the other hand, has been flawless.

As for variances between dynos, I personally don't care. It doesn't matter to me what the numbers are as long as the engine is running at and doing what it was designed to do. Shitload more there than I'll ever get into.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Mike, I don´t feel offended, :) but you can not compare one dyno run to another in a totally different dyno shop.
Ok, if there are differences of 40hp, then it is clear: one bike has more power than the other - but you don´t know, if it is 20hp or 60hp.

For example: My F4 did 159,6 rwhp, but I would bet, the Tambo has more power... so there can be hugh differences - even if the weather changes ;)

What is more important: The difference before and after a custom setup/tuning - this tells the real hp/Nm you gain.

A lot of dyno shops give more hp than it is... it´s better for the business to have a lot of hp ;):smoking:

A good hint is, to look at some dyno runs from other bikes which are there on the same day... then you could tell if the charts are hig or low by trend.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts