MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided a bagel place would be a fine destination for some lunchtime chow. And there were some roads to suffer through to get there. So here they are.

Here's the country road...

It leads to this hill hugging slice of asphalt. Curves and curves. A pain in the car. Turned the bike around for the pic. Sidestand no like downhill placement...

This road, now with guard rails, has had its share of motorized things going off the side. It's about 500 feet to the bottom. I've noticed this well tended to memorial before and from the saddle of the bike paused for the pic...

And then there's another country road. These are routinely empty roads. Sigh. Here we are in the middle of eight consecutive S curves. Man, that black rear wheel is the cat's meow...

The coup de grace is the canyon not far from the lunch destination. I turn the bike around here again for the pitch of the road and photo peace of mind. Lo and behold, someone else knows about this prime choice of tarmac...

And totally lame, though inadvertently capturing other shapely objects in the reflection, arrival at the lunch place as I hunch over the camera. Hey, maybe the roads were the destination after all :)..

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
That is awesome! I am liking the black/white scheme more and more these days..

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice,i like the shot with the window reflection.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dova80... What bike are you enjoying on the roads of eastern OK? I used to stop by Atlas Cycles in Tulsa before driving the Cherokee Turnpike east to NW ARK.

·
Registered
418 Posts
MV05 EXY said:
that is so unfair! this is what i have to look forward too.......

Oh JEEZE man!! All those crazies are driving on the wrong dang side of the road! :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
sfarson said:
Dova80... What bike are you enjoying on the roads of eastern OK? I used to stop by Atlas Cycles in Tulsa before driving the Cherokee Turnpike east to NW ARK.
Atlas is now closed. Dont know what happened could have been the wonderful staff or the even better Techs they had.. :jerkoff:

I have no bike right now. I am waiting till Nov. to see what comes out at the Milan and if nothing new and cool I will probalby get a 312R or 1000R depends on what kind of deals. That white/black is calling to me but I have never seen it in person. I have seen the black/grey, and red silver. I like the original red silver before the redesign, now the white black is calling to me. If the fever lasts for to much longer I might not be able to wait till November! :crazyeyes

I will be enjoying the roads in Ark but its not the same as being in the moutains of Colorado. I want to move there but I need to find a decent job first..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I at one time mildly explored buying or taking over the Atlas dealership. The place was a dump but they were authorized to sell BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, Aprilia, and Triumph. Except for a BMW dealership in Bentonville, AR there is nothing for these brands between Tulsa and Little Rock... with big supplier $$$ settling in to work with Wal*Mart, J.B. Hunt, and Tyson -- all on the OK/AR border, and the Ozarks at the backdoor. Would have closed Atlas and re-opened a sweet new store under a new name in eastern Tulsa. But again, it was just a mild explore and tempering the interest was little desire to leave CO. :)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
sfarson said:
I at one time mildly explored buying or taking over the Atlas dealership. The place was a dump but they were authorized to sell BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, Aprilia, and Triumph. Except for a BMW dealership in Bentonville, AR there is nothing for these brands between Tulsa and Little Rock... with big supplier $$$ settling in to work with Wal*Mart, J.B. Hunt, and Tyson -- all on the OK/AR border, and the Ozarks at the backdoor. Would have closed Atlas and re-opened a sweet new store under a new name in eastern Tulsa. But again, it was just a mild explore and tempering the interest was little desire to leave CO. :)
Strange thing is I know several people who have tried to buy it from him. I heard Ken(previous owner) wanted nothing to do with it. He would never sell :blah: so he went under.

I am sure if one were to get a competent Tech, with a decent showroom you could survive selling Euros here in Tulsa.

I would love to open a shop up between Tulsa and Arkansas to have the Euro brands but the money has held me back. Since I am already hear it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. I want to live in Colorado though...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spoke with Ken about the dealership, the background, etc. He started it with life insurance money when his dad died. I don't know why he never invested in the place and let it go. Too bad. There was potential.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
sfarson said:
Spoke with Ken about the dealership, the background, etc. He started it with life insurance money when his dad died. I don't know why he never invested in the place and let it go. Too bad. There was potential.
It is a shame... I wondered how he got that thing started. That has been years ago when he started it. Perhaps someday I will gather up enough money and start some motor shop of my own up. But its highly doubtful..lol

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
sfarson said:
MV05... Been reading in BIKE and TWO about those traffic cameras.
yeah they suck big time. Apparently though for £200 you can hire some pikeys (gypsies) to pay them a visit with some petrol, a bottle and a match. :bandit: :naughty: :yo:

·
Registered
604 Posts
That bike looks so mean. I'd take it to lunch too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts