MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
odonata said:
you mean you don't sleep in the garage next to it? :toothless just teasing.

I am looking forward to the day I have the Senna in my garage...
Talk about wanting and waiting!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
What a great post...takes me back to when I picked mine up....but then again, I still sneek into garage for a quick look.... :)
Thinking about building a secret passage between the bedroom and the garage. :smoking: Hope the wife doesn't find it! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The brakes do get better. The system could be better as a whole, but the stock pads do begin to grip more as you get a few miles on them.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
John,
Secret passage....maybe part of the renovations you have planned??? :laughing:

Shhhh! the wife might hear!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
odonata said:
you mean you don't sleep in the garage next to it? :toothless just teasing.

I am looking forward to the day I have the Senna in my garage...

congrats on the new bike, Anucci, I have ridden the 910 and loved riding it, maybe 1 day I will also have it in my garage... btw I didn't find the brakes to be a problem... after all the tires, pads+rotor on your bike are not even totally broken in yet.

Here is an article about "breaking in th engine", thought that you might find it interesting.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

The CSS is a great place to learn, are you going to the 2 day camp or just a 1 day course?
Odonata, I am going to the 2 day camp. I can't wait. BTW, the brakes are not a problem at all. Just seem less powerful than the Brembos. I wonder why MV went with the Nissin given the Brembos are made in Italy.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Glad you and your new baby are safe at home Anucci, great start!

I took CSS (Keith Code) last year and thought it was well worth it. I hope to do more this year.
Also, a few people I know are planning a trip to Barber Motorsport park at the end of Sept. for 2 days of open track. When I come back from my vacation (starting today) I will be looking into this. The chance to ride that super track with a 910R and the great museum sounds like a great trip!

odonata said:
Here is an article about "breaking in th engine", thought that you might find it interesting.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

As for breaking in new engines, I totally agree with the methods of mototuneusa above and this one also: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn

As a dyno owner, I have seen the results of how engines perform with different types of break in methods.

The guys who baby their engines have lower power output and use some oil. The guys who get on the engine from day one have very strong engines.

Just yesterday I broke in (on the dyno) a brand new BMW K1200R for a guy who will be racing this bike . I used Mototunes method and he is very happy so far with the results.

Controversial subject for sure, but I see this stuff everyday.

John

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
airfuel said:
Glad you and your new baby are safe at home Anucci, great start!

I took CSS (Keith Code) last year and thought it was well worth it. I hope to do more this year.
Also, a few people I know are planning a trip to Barber Motorsport park at the end of Sept. for 2 days of open track. When I come back from my vacation (starting today) I will be looking into this. The chance to ride that super track with a 910R and the great museum sounds like a great trip!

As for breaking in new engines, I totally agree with the methods of mototuneusa above and this one also: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/NewBike.html#BreakIn

As a dyno owner, I have seen the results of how engines perform with different types of break in methods.

The guys who baby their engines have lower power output and use some oil. The guys who get on the engine from day one have very strong engines.

Just yesterday I broke in (on the dyno) a brand new BMW K1200R for a guy who will be racing this bike . I used Mototunes method and he is very happy so far with the results.

Controversial subject for sure, but I see this stuff everyday.

John
Airfuel and Onodata, thanks for the break-in input. Very interesting. I just read the same fact in the MC garage section of this month's Mototcyclist magazine. They ran an article on "new bike prep". The mechanic said you want to put a good load on the motor and generate heat in order to seat the piston rings. It's ok to rev it hard, just don't keep it at steady throttle and don't let it idle.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
anucci the best of luck with your new bike.I was at Motofixx on friday and saw your bike was down off the platform and knew it wasn`t long. I`m all for a Ct Agusta ride. I too took a strole on saterday, way too much sand on the roads perhaps a good downpour will take care of that.

Chris

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
cdamb said:
anucci the best of luck with your new bike.I was at Motofixx on friday and saw your bike was down off the platform and knew it wasn`t long. I`m all for a Ct Agusta ride. I too took a strole on saterday, way too much sand on the roads perhaps a good downpour will take care of that.

Chris
Yep, count me in for a Connecticut ride. I look forward to meeting the good folks on this forum. Looks like the weather is turning colder again this week. Maybe in a couple of weeks. I just added my bike to the registry so as soon as admin approves they will be up.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Yes! nice 910. looking at the pictures of your 910 I can just imagine how exciting it is for you.

You are very welcome about the breaking-in link... not sure if you would agree with it but I just thought that you might want to know about it before it's too late.

I went to the 2 day camp at the CSS's home track- the Streets of Willow Springs last October(see the my avatar pic), it was well worth the money, good luck with it! if you have any questions about it just go to the school site's forum and I am sure the people on it can help you out.

John,
Secret passage....maybe part of the renovations you have planned???
:laughing:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts