MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has been the longest 4 months of my life. I ordered my 910 back in November. I had to sell my Monster S4R which happened a month ago, right when the weather turned cold as hell again. Tomorrow I take delivery and I am so excited I have not slept well for the past 3 nights. Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and in the high 50s here in Connecticut, USA and so my long wait is finally over. Just wanted to share my excitement and hopefully I will get some pix posted this weekend.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like a sleepless night mate. Enjoy tomorrow, what a great feeling taking delivery of a new bike. :smoking:

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's really nice to read post like this one.

Tomorrow will be great day for you. Enjoy and remember it.

.....and post pics...quick !!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
You lucky dog you!!!! Enjoy! I'm so jealous. Still waiting for the dealer to call and tell me the 910R is in!!! Take lots of pix and try to get some sleep!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Lucky Lucky lucky!! Weather is suppose to be very warm and sunny! :cool:

New bike and being able to ride it the day you get it....just watch the sand in the corners.

Enjoy!!!

John

P.S ask the dealer the latest on the 910R delivery dates.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
airfuel said:
Lucky Lucky lucky!! Weather is suppose to be very warm and sunny! :cool:

New bike and being able to ride it the day you get it....just watch the sand in the corners.

Enjoy!!!

John

P.S ask the dealer the latest on the 910R delivery dates.
Thanks airfuel. I'll definitely be taking it slow. I'll ask Dan about the delivery date of the 910R. I think MVorBMW has an order in on one of those too.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
airfuel said:
Hey, if your riding around Danbury, stop in at Cliffs and let me take a look!! :stickpoke

Just bang on Dyno-Solutions door and I'll drool a bit! :lickout:

John
You work at Cliffs or will you be there to dyno your bike? That's where I bought my Monster. I love taking rt. 124 from Stamford up to Danbury. Excellent roads and scenery. Maybe I will take a ride up if you are going to be there. The problem is, if Paulo sees me, he's going to be VERY dissapointed. He sold me the Monster last fall. I also may not be able to fit the ride in between my kids' basketball games. But man, that would be a great first ride.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Congrats on the 910...I was at Motofixx today and Dan mentioned you picked your bike up. Weather was perfect. Airfuel/John, no word on the 910r. I'm hoping within a month. We need to arrange a local Brutale ride.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys! First of all, thank you everyone for your good wishes. I did pick up by bike today. The weather was excellent here in Connecticut, USA today. Around 60 and very sunny. Sorry Airfuel, I did not get a chance to make it up to Cliffs today. I had too much going on. I got to put about 60 miles on the bike, fitting rides in when I could. I took it nice and slow today, there is still too much sand on the roads around here. Plus I want to break in the tires. I never took it over 5k and even then the bike sounded incredible. I can't imagine what this thing sounds like when you are into the 9-11k range. There is something about this bike that just makes you feel like a million dollars every time you are on it. Lots of waves from all kinds of riders today (harleys, crotch rockets, you name it). This bike is absolutely perfect for the type of riding I will be doing. Basically commuting through the twisty vacant backroads to work. Would I want to take it on long freeway trips? No way. A couple of initial observations:
1. My previous monster had Brembos and they seem to be way more powerful than the Nissin setup. Maybe this is just a breakin thing.
2. The gearing seems very close and very short. But I happen to love this. I love working the gears and hearing that motor rev.

For those waiting for the 910R. Dan at Motofixx said that he is hearing that they will arrive in April but that May is a more realistic estimate in his experience. I am glad I did not wait. This bike has far more performance than I will ever use on the street. As it is, I am signed up for the MSF experience rider course in April and will be going to the California Superbike School in the Poconos in May. I want to become the very best rider I can be to squeeze the most out of this bike.

I took some pix and will post asap.
Right now I will sneak out the garage for one more look before I go to bed.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What a great post...takes me back to when I picked mine up....but then again, I still sneek into garage for a quick look.... :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
What a great post...takes me back to when I picked mine up....but then again, I still sneek into garage for a quick look....
you mean you don't sleep in the garage next to it? :toothless just teasing.

I am looking forward to the day I have the Senna in my garage...

congrats on the new bike, Anucci, I have ridden the 910 and loved riding it, maybe 1 day I will also have it in my garage... btw I didn't find the brakes to be a problem... after all the tires, pads+rotor on your bike are not even totally broken in yet.

Here is an article about "breaking in th engine", thought that you might find it interesting.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

The CSS is a great place to learn, are you going to the 2 day camp or just a 1 day course?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts