MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my own custom tail tidy. I relocated the license plate with a universal bracket that I drilled out to line up with the two stock screws on the tail. Then I wired up some new LED 3M blinkers. I just had the 600 mile service and couldn't leave without buying the FM Projects pipe. It sounds and looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
And I was just wondering if the FM would fit on my Dragster....
Thnx for posting !!!

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
And I was just wondering if the FM would fit on my Dragster....
Thnx for posting !!!
Joost, we've been down this road before mate, they're all MV triple's, pipe's are the same, in some cases the brackets might be different. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the pipe from Moto Forza when I brought the bike in for the 600m service. It's a simple install, so if you purchase it save some $$$ and install it yourself. Seriously, it took me maybe 20 minutes (and most of that time was trying to get the spring connected!). It's definitely loud.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great looking. What do the local police think of that tail tidy solution?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll find out :) I can move it if I need to, but I'm not going to unless there is some motivation......I like it the way it is.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Joost, we've been down this road before mate, they're all MV triple's, pipe's are the same, in some cases the brackets might be different. :)
I know Donsy, I know we've been down this road before.
But, in the world of MV this sometimes feels like a walk through the shadow of the valley of death:stickpoke

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
license plate relocated

I moved the license plate after every single person that saw my bike after I moved the plate said I'm going to get pulled over because it is hard to see. So, I went ahead and relocated to a more visible position. Better?

·
Registered
56 Posts
would have been Nice With a Picture from the side to but i think it looks good :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
tkthompson where are the turn signals?

How about wearing the license plate on the back of the jacket? :) wonder if popo would mind?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
93vtech,

If you look up at the last rear shot, you can see the LED self adhesive turn signals that I attached just above the license plate. I just ordered some adjustable levers on Friday, can't wait until they arrive.

TK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice! I have to do something like this on mine. I thought about just stitching my license plate to my jacket!!! It would leave the back completely unobstructed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice! I have to do something like this on mine. I thought about just stitching my license plate to my jacket!!! It would leave the back completely unobstructed.
Well if you're going to do that, you may as well just attach the blinkers to the jacket on either side of the license plate ;)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like the first place you had it, worst is getting pulled over for it and a "fix it ticket"

Ha, blinkers on each elbow. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts