MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a long weekend trip to France in May and was wondering if anyone has used tail luggage on their F3. I could probably get everything I need in a decent size rucksack but don't fancy that on my shoulders for hours. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
583 Posts
The MV tailbag is a narrow 11 liters. I used it for my tools, a few spares and my raingear and my Kreiga R30 backpack for clothes and a change of footwear for a weeklog trip last summer. No problems.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392412824.001806.jpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a Frank Thomas Cargo CAR0004 25 ltr tail bag. Enough room for a few days clothes and my waterproofs. Couldn't tell it was on the back and doubled up as a rucksack. Perfect !

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Funningly enough, I am looking for a tank bag this weekend. I prefer them to having something on the back. I toured with a tank bag on the F4

·
Registered
583 Posts
I just picked up the MV Tour tank bag, and will try it out during a week-long road trip beginning this Friday night. It seems to be okay during my trial fitting. Maybe a little smaller than advertised , but not too bad. Will post up a review later when I'm back, if anyone wants.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You can contact our site-sponsor Startwin.
They have custom made solutions for each bike.
Don't know the price but it should be a fair price

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have tried my Oxford expandable tail bag and it does fit, well sort of, the seat is bloody small so tying the base sheet under the seat was a challenge.

I've toured a few times with expandable throw over saddle bags no trouble. They don't look pretty but do the job fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Wow, beautiful landscape in NZ...

But what kind of tarmac? Does this affect tyre wear?
Thanks. Our South Island is a post card at every turn and riding heaven.

The tarmac varies from region to region but good spotting, around the southern lakes it's nasty sharp and course stones used in the mix that sure do rip tires to shreds at high speeds.

The West Coast uses beautiful white and multi-coloured stones from the beaches (I guess?, that's we you tend to see them) that are super smooth, polished by centuries of waves. Love them to ride on. Slippery when wet though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
....only Ventura.....why would you want to lug stuff around on your back......we were not designed to be Elephants.....

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Buy a Road King with saddle bags......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kriega Tail pack 20 litres. I've toured for 8 days and there was enough room for all that I needed plus a bum bag. Easy to strap to the rear seat and remove every night.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kriega Tail pack 20 litres. I've toured for 8 days and there was enough room for all that I needed plus a bum bag. Easy to strap to the rear seat and remove every night.
yeah they are a pretty sweet setup. I have the Ventura version which is very similar except uses clips instead of the hooks. think its only 12-15lt as well.good enough for a 2 nighter easy

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm also looking for saddle bags so I can have a pillion at the same time. Suggestions? MV in NZ, which ones are those? Do they not burn from the exhaust? It looks like they almost touch the pipes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried saddle bags but the seat is just too narrow and the fact that it tapers in meant I couldn't get them stable. Wouldn't fancy luggage and a pillion, especially if I was the pillion !!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm also looking for saddle bags so I can have a pillion at the same time. Suggestions? MV in NZ, which ones are those? Do they not burn from the exhaust? It looks like they almost touch the pipes.
They are Oxford Sports bags. Expandable to a decent size but as in the pics they don't sit well on the tiny MV tail. They flop underneath, the lowest point has adjustable straps to attach to your rear pegs. Easy as to throw on and off as you tour in a few seconds. No contact with the pipes whatsoever. They have three upper vecro straps. One goes under the rear seat so it can't fall off. The other two over the top which would be uncomfortable for the pillion. BUT then what's comfort when sitting on the rear of a F3 with a seat pad the size of a wallet.

I have a Ventura tail bag and when I next fit it I'll take some pictures to post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They are Oxford Sports bags. Expandable to a decent size but as in the pics they don't sit well on the tiny MV tail. They flop underneath, the lowest point has adjustable straps to attach to your rear pegs. Easy as to throw on and off as you tour in a few seconds. No contact with the pipes whatsoever. They have three upper vecro straps. One goes under the rear seat so it can't fall off. The other two over the top which would be uncomfortable for the pillion. BUT then what's comfort when sitting on the rear of a F3 with a seat pad the size of a wallet.

I have a Ventura tail bag and when I next fit it I'll take some pictures to post.
Thanks! I'll look into it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts