MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In an effort to continue updating the bike and give it a new look I am removing the rear fairing and designing a new piece that will resemble a café rear end. Keep in mind it is a rough draft and will need to be refined by an expert. It will not have the sharp edge but will be more rounded. It will also blend into the seat. I am considering shaving the underseat pan to expose the exhaust pipe

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Definitely do something with the underseat pan.

I'm not sold on the organ pipes with the cafe' tail look. The combination of the two make the rear seem too bulky .

Just my .02, I probably got bad taste anyway...

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely do something with the underseat pan.

I'm not sold on the organ pipes with the cafe' tail look. The combination of the two make the rear seem too bulky .

Just my .02, I probably got bad taste anyway...
And I may feel the same once I get it closer to completion. I will not alter anything that cannot be put back to the stock configuration so if I don't like the outcome I will just change it back. One of my dislikes of the older bike is the rear fairing is too large and I am just trying to get a more sleek look

·
Registered
465 Posts
And I may feel the same once I get it closer to completion. I will not alter anything that cannot be put back to the stock configuration so if I don't like the outcome I will just change it back. One of my dislikes of the older bike is the rear fairing is too large and I am just trying to get a more sleek look
I hear what your saying about the tail section looking too large. It makes it look dated.

I like where your going with the cafe tail idea. Maybe switch to dual pipes underneath, instead of the 4? Or go to a GP type exhaust. That would clean it up back there some.

Heck, while your going retro, might as well do a half fairing too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts