1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Simple system for most of the tail bag systems. Velcro straps run under the rear seat as seen above as in the two tabs cant be 100% sure as have not had in my hands. Will be difficult to find a rear seat bag as the seat.....if you can call it that is on the small side.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple system for most of the tail bag systems. Velcro straps run under the rear seat as seen above as in the two tabs cant be 100% sure as have not had in my hands. Will be difficult to find a rear seat bag as the seat.....if you can call it that is on the small side.
True, its difficult to find an aftermarket tailbag that fits snug over the passenger seat. MV states that the bag has 20 liters capacity, which I think would work for me pretty well for a weekend ride.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't like backpacks while riding, hard to move around the bike with the load on your back and not so comfortable in summer. I usually ride for 10-12hrs on a good weekend. I think the Kreiga US20 may also fit:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't like backpacks while riding, hard to move around the bike with the load on your back and not so comfortable in summer. I usually ride for 10-12hrs on a good weekend. I think the Kreiga US20 may also fit:

I have that pack and the (2) 10 litre packs than connect to it, rigged up on my Street Triple. It looks like the pillion accommodations on the F3 may be a little narrower, but I hoping it fits.

Usually the 20l bag is my changes of clothes or laptop/computer gear, and a 10l is for bike stuff (chain oil, some tools, etc) and the other 10l is for cool weather gear.

These bags are awesome; never shift around, completely watertight and easy to disconnect and carry. I love 'em.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I don't like to block traffic on the road. :laughing:
Ha ha ha..I know what you mean..I've seen those boys riding up to Ogunquit ,,,Now I know why they call em Hogs..cuz they hog the whole road.

Quite a sight and sound to be fair,,,but it would cause a riot if bikes held up cars here lol

joe

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I'd love to take the F4 on a long run to France etc..I would have to come up with a clever idea to get a pack on the back of the bike..maybe utilizing the Biposto seat..Not a bodge a real smart set up.

joe

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got the seat bag on my MV and it also expands from what is in the photo.
It fits lots of stuff and has the waterproof cover for it which does keep the bag dry (I've been in heavy rain with it on).
I'm glad my husband talked me into getting it when I bought the MV.
Bags are a bit ugly on such a beautiful bike but I like to carry wet weather pants, hair band, adjustable spanner, pen knife, notebook and pen, sunglasses, ocky strap, wet weather cover and goodness knows what else is in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
It looks nice, if you ask me. Ok, it spoils the line of the F4, but hey, it's for a trip.

No back packs for me anymore. I've read an article stating that they are quite dangerous when you fall. They prevent you to 'slide' and increase highly the risk of back injuries.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
... No back packs for me anymore. I've read an article stating that they are quite dangerous when you fall. They prevent you to 'slide' and increase highly the risk of back injuries.
Well yes and no. This topic is very subjective. Like your riding style and the type of "get off" you may have. Also, it's very much dependant on which type of back pack you wear.
When riding with slower groups, (read with the wife) I often wear a large Ducati Corse back pack. But when riding at elevated speeds with a fast group or by myself I opt for our first generation Boblbee similar to this one.

It doesn't hold as much but, it is areodynamic, doubles as a back protector as well as protecting the items inside should I fall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts