MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Casoli market a red/white/green (a la Italian flag) coloured bezel for the tacho on F4's and Brutales. In order to fit one of these you need to split the instrument binnacle itself, which is just a few cross head screws holding the two halves together. The actual tacho needle then needs to be removed. Has anyone done this? I'm wondering if its just a push fit on or whether there is a keyway or splined shaft arrangement. :)

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
I can say i have done it on another bike and when i took the speedo apart the needle comes right off with no problem and the old facia/background unscrewed. from there it just reversing the process. just make sure the needle is put back on in the exact same position when you took it off. i made the mistake of putting on a little different and the needle was off when i started the bike back up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Generally the needles are firm push fit. I've used a normal fork from the kitchen drawer to lever the needle off (not MV). Just protect the face with a cloth in between face and fork.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input Guys. I'm not actually thinking of buying a new bezel but I thought it might be nice to get Phil Read or Giacomo (mebbe both) to autograph it for me. That's if I get to meet them of course. Actually met Phil some years ago when he was giving a lecture in our neck of the woods about his great friend and fellow MV ace SMB Hailwood. Very nice bloke. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts