MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, today the 312R tach needle no longer is rock steady, now shaking a bit at various RPMS, but really acting nervous between 4 and 5K RPMs. Searching the threads here there's some old posts about this being somewhat of a common occurence and how replacing the tach has solved the situation with some. Others just live with it as Italian pizzazz. Any updates or new information about a nervous tach needle? Anything I can look for or note to the dealer? Today was a hot temp day, but not sure this has any relevance. Thanks for any info.

Steve

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case interest I think I solved the prob. Taking the fairing off I noticed my prior quick fix to move the wiring away from the cylinder heads (a cause for blown fuses and no fan) had failed, with the wiring moving back to the hot heads. Additionally, I noticed another part of the wiring harness rubbing against the heads. Now both are nicely tied away. A quick ride up to operating temp and all was good. I think this all might be traced to serious bike electric problems when I first bought the bike. The tech essentially had to rewire much of the bike and it is possible he didn't place or tie the wiring as is done at the factory. Hopefully this is it. Had such a great ride today despite the hot temps/bike and dancing tach. It is still an amazing and awesome bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts