MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Administrator
21,078 Posts
I have the left side engine cover slider on my SPR.
The people there are pretty easy to work with. Ask them if it fit's your specific bike.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Sorry to resurrect a thread that hasn't had any replies.

Wish I had seen this sooner.

Ordered engine sliders, frame sliders and axle sliders for my 2010 990R.

So far only the front and rear axle sliders fit, and that was after I shortened the rod on the rear.

The bolts are too long for the frame sliders, and they attempted to send out new shorter ones (by 5mm) but they were the same length I received. Maybe they just don't fit.

The left side engine case guard fits perfect, but the right side one just won't line up all the bolt holes no matter what I attempt. I gave up after too long, before I ended up scratching something in frustration.

I did contact T-rex again to verify if they are supposed to fit or if I am just an idiot. No amount of spacer swapping was going to get the slider bolt holes to align with the engine case bolt holes. :/

Can anyone else lend some feedback of the same experience or offer advice or knowledge on whether these will fit or not?

·
Super Moderator
23,101 Posts
Sounds to me like you have your answer.

Return the product and get something that is purpose built.

·
Registered
307 Posts
They are sending another right side case slider, as it is supposed to fit.

It is purpose built, so not sure what you mean by that?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been working with T-rex, great responsive company. Got the frame sliders installed after shortening the mounting bolts. They look great. I did put ISC Racers Tape in the frame under them.

T-Rex is actually in the process of making the right side engine slider for the 2010+ bikes (maybe because of my order?) And I will have one of the first ones to test fit in about 2 weeks. The rep thought he grabbed one of the first new ones to be made when he sent the last one. Really happy with their responsiveness and willingness to make things right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts