MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All :wave:

Ducati Owners Club has a ride this Saturday, am sure you would all be welcome to come along - the more the merrier...

February 10th (Saturday), Day ride to Dungog via the Putty Road.
Meet at Macca's, Rouse Hill on Windsor Road (opposite the Ettamogah Pub) at 8 am for a 8.30 am departure. Riding up the Putty Road, Singleton, Stroud then onto Dungog for lunch. Returning via Paterson, Cessnock and Wollombi.

:moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :bandit:

see link below for our upcoming events info:

http://www.docnsw.org.au/what_on_files/whats_on_january_march_2007.pdf

Please let me know if you can make it, so i can advise our ride organiser.

Regards

Michael

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks Michael but my young bloke has his birthday party on Sat and I'd be shot if I went on a ride. Id love to join the guys on another ride though so will have a look at the calendar. By the way, some good action stills off the video camera, well done.

Cheers,
Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MarkM said:
Thanks Michael but my young bloke has his birthday party on Sat and I'd be shot if I went on a ride. Id love to join the guys on another ride though so will have a look at the calendar. By the way, some good action stills off the video camera, well done.

Cheers,
Mark
Sounds good but I have a nephew birthday to attend.

Have fun.

minime

:stickpoke hmmmm.... maybe the MV's are worried about being outnumbered this time... ??? :devilsmok

i have to wash my hair....??????? :bawling:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hi 749s, I am also a non starter. I have spent all day at the track and ..well,stuffed. That's my excuse.
Anyway thanks for inviting us, see you again real soon.
By the way there was allready 1098's at the track!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like a conspiracy doesn't it! Would love to be going but unfortunately cant this time around. :violin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi oz749s, thanks for invite but I too have to give this one a miss. Might catch up with you for the ride to Kurrajong Heights on the 24th.

john34

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Looks nice but a bit far from home........................

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spacechumper said:
Was lucky enough (by chance) to meet up with the guys at Wollombi, nice bikes, and a 1098 was there too. :)
the other girls were busy washing their hair.. :stickpoke

the 1098s had 50klm on it at the start of the ride, so he was taking it easy, which is understandable..

on a sadder note, i had a tangle with a patch of gravel and the armco barrier after we left wollombi (about 15k from wollombi), doing about 80k through a right hand bend, hit a great big patch of gravel on the road...managed to keep it upright, but by then was on edge of bitumen and heading for the armco... bounced off the armco about 3 times, (my leg between bike and barrier), before i managed to pull it up... 2 new stripes down side of bike, and broken foot peg mount, luckily my Gilles rearsets have multiple mounting holes, so i took a bolt from other side and relocated into another hole... allowed me to ride and change gears (after a 15 minute stop to regain composure & blood pressure..a little white...) :jsm:

anyway, for once i was lucky there was a barrier there, unlucky about the gravel, and although i have some bruising and a sore leg, the bike is rideable and doesn't have a lot of damage, compared to what could have happened...have bought my lottery tickets today....

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Glad your still OK there mate!!! Parts for any bike is cheap compared to replacement of any bodily parts.

I'm a real pussy on that road. The roads are too narrow and too many unsigned blind corners to really enjoy.

Yep buy two lottery tickets!!!!

oz749s said:
the other girls were busy washing their hair.. :stickpoke

the 1098s had 50klm on it at the start of the ride, so he was taking it easy, which is understandable..

on a sadder note, i had a tangle with a patch of gravel and the armco barrier after we left wollombi (about 15k from wollombi), doing about 80k through a right hand bend, hit a great big patch of gravel on the road...managed to keep it upright, but by then was on edge of bitumen and heading for the armco... bounced off the armco about 3 times, (my leg between bike and barrier), before i managed to pull it up... 2 new stripes down side of bike, and broken foot peg mount, luckily my Gilles rearsets have multiple mounting holes, so i took a bolt from other side and relocated into another hole... allowed me to ride and change gears (after a 15 minute stop to regain composure & blood pressure..a little white...) :jsm:

anyway, for once i was lucky there was a barrier there, unlucky about the gravel, and although i have some bruising and a sore leg, the bike is rideable and doesn't have a lot of damage, compared to what could have happened...have bought my lottery tickets today....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh 749S what have you done!...I know how dangerous that gravel can be so I can understand. I am really glad you are OK, bikes can be painted so don't even worry about that. Don't let it put you off just learn from it.

Cheer up mate .. it could have been worse, you could of been on the new 1098!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
minime said:
Glad your still OK there mate!!! Parts for any bike is cheap compared to replacement of any bodily parts.

I'm a real pussy on that road. The roads are too narrow and too many unsigned blind corners to really enjoy.

Yep buy two lottery tickets!!!!
Hi Minime, was on the signposted section between Wollombi & Mangrove Mountain (on way to Mt White.)... heaps of gravel there on Saturday in about 5 or 6 different places ... not good, so everyone be careful!

·
Registered
10 Posts
oz749s, glad your ok. Like the guys said bikes are repairable as long as you are ok don't worry about. And when things like that happen we should be grateful it wasn't worse.

john34

·
Registered
367 Posts
oz749s said:
Hi Minime, was on the signposted section between Wollombi & Mangrove Mountain (on way to Mt White.)... heaps of gravel there on Saturday in about 5 or 6 different places ... not good, so everyone be careful!
Glad your OK Micheal, wondered why u guys stopped, but I didn't see any gravel :stickpoke sure you weren't daydreaming watching your outside temp on that fancy dash.

Maybe you wanted the MV to go first.. :D

Yeh, guys look out there was heaps of dirt, looks like a truck was losing rocks/gravel all the way up the hill. Compared with the MV ride day the road was bad. It'll be washed away by now though.

Take care mate..

Jonathan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts