MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi MV Aficionados

Its time to change the stilettos on my Brutale 750 America.

Any issues going to a 120/70-17 vs the stock 120/65-17 ?

She sports a 190/50-17 in the rear.

Pirelli Diablo 3's should make her dance (fast) :f4:

Thx
U1-2go

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
I run a 120/70 on my F4 750. The only problem I had was front mudguard clearance on the tire. I fabricated a couple of simple aluminum bars that lifted the front edge of the mudguard up a touch, and no other problems with clearance.

You may find the need to move your fork tubes up in the clamps to correct steering angle for the taller tire (not a lot...you may not even notice any change in handling).

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Come on Guys.
The Brutale S (750) has Marzocci Forks and with it two holes to mount that Air Foil thing on the Fork Bottoms.
The lower Holes for 120/65 and the upper for 120/70.
Look into the Manual.
I run 120/70 RoadAttack 2 and RoadAttack 2 Evo on my Brutale S.
A 190/50 RoadAttack on the Rear.
I didn't changed anything on the Geometrie of the Bike.
And it carved trough the Twists like a Champ.

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
The front edge of my SPR carbon mudguard rubbed the tire when I went to 120/70.... The air foil wasn't adjustable, but didn't need to be.

Here are some quick pics of the little aluminium mounts I made. Simple bar with threaded hole at one end. And one of the stock air foil mount.

Now I can even put a tire warmer on if I want.

Difference in tire circumference is not really enough to mess with fork height unless you are going to anyway. I didn't, bike is still sharp as a scalpel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Ed You talk about your F4 SPR and You are right as far as I know have the F4 only one Hole at the Fork Bottoms, my F4S did so as well.
But my F4 Brutale S (US 2005 model) had the 2 Holes at the front of the Fork Bottoms.
And this should be like that on any Brutale S, with it on a CRC Brutale America.
Here is are Screenshot I made from the Chassis Manual Brutale Oro - S - 910S.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Good stuff there @haupti .... I hadn't messed with the front end of a Brutale with non-radial brakes before. Living and learning !!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My '04 absolutely does NOT have two sets of mounting holes for the front fender. I took a chance on the Conti Sport Attack in a 120/70 and it fit perfectly - no need to make a bracket as mentioned above.

I also put a 190/55 on the rear because from what I understood from the service manual, the geometry and height setings are the same between a 750, 910 and 910R(190/55 stock). This can be referenced on pages 20 and 61-63 in section F of the service manual.

I made no height adjustments and everything feels fine with the exception that it feels quicker changing directions - I assume the 55 rear offsets the slower 70 up front.

·
Administrator
19,791 Posts
Check your rear wheel rim.... I think it may be a 5.5 instead of 6 inch, which will pinch in the 190 tire and change the profile. I could be wrong there. I've been known to be wrong in the past and surely will be in the future...maybe now? :eek:

The 70 series front is a bit taller with the same width as the 65.... I would think the profile would therefore be a little less flat.??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts