MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my new F3 for a great first ride, but odometer and speedo are in Metric and I can't find anything in any of the manuals that tells how to change it? Anybody have a clue?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I searched all the manuals provide with my F3 including the USB stick and I couldnt't find anything helpful. Sorry :-(

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Hmmm, doesn’t say much for the tech who did the PDI or the salesman :eek:
The salesman should have done a proper walk through of the dash and showed you how to zero the trips. He should have noticed they were reading in kilometers instead of miles.

Sorry, but I see nothing in the info I have either. Time to call the shop in Washington. :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll send an e-mail to the White House....it's finally time to go metric like everyone else in the world!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, doesn’t say much for the tech who did the PDI or the salesman :eek:
The salesman should have done a proper walk through of the dash and showed you how to zero the trips. He should have noticed they were reading in kilometers instead of miles.

Sorry, but I see nothing in the info I have either. Time to call the shop in Washington. :(
I agree with you Stephen. We were rushed as I barely made it back in time to get the bike registered with plates for the weekend. And as owners, I think we know more than any of the salesmen and some the techs as well....I already knew how to do all the display stuff that's in the Owner's Manual before I got there because of all the good info on this forum, but this procedure's just not to be found in anything on the usb stick or the manual. The Brutale and F4 Manuals call it "Setting the Measurement Units" and it's done with the starter button after the engine is running. Ours is different so that may not apply.

·
Registered
163 Posts
push and hold both the set and ok buttons for about 10 seconds...it will take you to the settings menu...then scroll till you find the units and hit the ok once to change to MPH and then push and hold ok for about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
push and hold both the set and ok buttons for about 10 seconds...it will take you to the settings menu...then scroll till you find the units and hit the ok once to change to MPH and then push and hold ok for about 5 seconds.
Thanks man! Worked like a charm.When my menu comes up, it says Dealer Menu so maybe that's why it isn't in the User Manual. Cat's out of the bag now, tho' :naughty:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Does this hidden menu happen to tell us what the current map version is?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Map # 47 is the latest. All bikes that came into the states have #46 installed. Mv told there dealers not to install #47 unless the owner complained about rideability. The dealers will need to report to mv the vin# of the bike that was complained about so they can keep track of which bikes needed the upgrade or not.Those are the words that came straight out of Tong's mouth. He is the Mv tech rep here in the states. Maybe they missed a few in italy when they put # 46 in before shipping to the u.s.a. I don't know.My bike has #46. My rideability is fine and I think the bike works well. At least from 0 to 6 or 7000 r.p.m. just finished my break in this morning. The bike will get serviced Tuesday morning. I'm in pretty good with the dealership in salem VA. Frontline eurosports. The tech there Brandon is going to load #47 in just for shits and giggles and we will see if and what the difference is afterwards.

·
Registered
947 Posts
My dealer told me they are loading #47 on all bikes before delivery to the owners. My last bike was a 2006 ZX-6RR which hade fantastic feuling with the kit ecu and the F3 fueling makes that bike seem crude in comparison. It is simply devine. The single complaint I have with the F3 is that it comes with the rebound on both the fork and shock a little too stiff and doesn't track bumps quite as good as it should. I am hoping to test some new settings but it would be nice to compare settings will similar sized riders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
begarrett...you saved the day! I just got a 2013 and, of course, the instruments were showing my speed in KPH. Divide by 10 and multiply by 6 is the formula, but when you're riding, it's just one more way to end up in the hospital. Now instead of saying KMH, my speedo says MPH.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So what else appears in the Settings Menu?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts