MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy that bought an F4 1000S from my dad last year was working something on battery(it probably died over winter) and when he was to attach cables on the poles, he somehow switched them, some sparks we're flying and the bike is dead. Nothing happens when the key is turned.
I haven't seen the bike yet, we are getting it to take a look and do regular service over weekend.

What is worst case scenario? Fried ECU? Or just some relay?

Anyone had experience with case like this?:conveyer:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Blew a fuse and possibly the diode.

ECU should be ok.

Sparks are usually a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
that happened to me once...:banghead:
A fuse was blown.I think i was lucky 'cause others blew their ECU.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If the key was off, probably just a fuse. If it was on yikes!:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It could be the 40amp fuse on the left of the bike, under the side fairing, there should be a spare in a little holder near the blown fuse and it will definitely be the diode that is located on the next electrical device just towards the front of the bike!

Happened to me and the service centre did it also!

Remember negative to earth and when you put the battery in back to front you are thinking it is in the correct way BUT the leads are barely long enough and it takes a bit of effort to connect them.

If you put replace it with correct polarity the leads connect up easily!

The diode only costs a few cents!!

40 amp fuses are hard to find, I ran mine with 30 amp fuses for quite a while and that reminds me I must replace my diode this Easter!

It's only there for silly dicks like me who puts the battery in back to front!!!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
40amps are hard to find at auto parts stores, but readily available at electronics part stores, like radio shack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did the same thing last summer and had to change the diode. I had to buy like 20 and it was only like 2 bucks I got them off e-bay but if you would like I'll send you 1 free if you want just send me your address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts