MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wonderfull ride over the alps in the last fine days in autumn before snowfall!

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your picture in the middle shows where exactly we are last Sunday Wonderful!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
some of the finest roads in the world there. Dragster, where in France is that road you picture? I'd like to check that out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's in the Region Vercors
From Die follow D518 direction to north

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
it's the old road over the Gotthardpass in Switzerland
Who would know better than a Swiss.
I thought it was in already in France but sure I crossed the Gotthard coming from Crans Montana at the time.
I made a loop up north somehow I remember riding anywhere on top of a mountain chain, where my road showed just a connection with another pass.
I remember that I arrived after the tour in Sierre and was so exhausted that I made plans to search a Hotel down in the valley.
Two espresso later I thought well give it a try.
You can stop half way the 15km up the mountain if my battery turns low again.
I arrived without a stop at the hotel and the local motorcycle club had a little party at the otherwise vacant hotel.
It was in September and the Hotel would close a few days later.
We had a great time that evening.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Is that the same road the guys from Top Gear drove a aston martin lambo and porsche? Looks very similar they said it was the best road in the world they ever drove

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not shure, but this very old road isn't paved
its made with single cubic granit stones
hard to drive with a motorbike....
But you have do do it once

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wnehme - i think the Top Gear road was the Stelvio pass, they rated that as one of the best roads in the world. Load of rubbish if you ask me. Dont get me wrong its a good road, but there are much better out there. Especially on a sports bike. Stelvio has a rough surface in parts, its hard on the bike too. very stop start.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if its the Stelvio you are right, its nothing for a sportbike
if you drive it with a car you have to drive like a snail
the 47 hairnidle curvs are much too tight and it is impossible to
overtake
its a very good road for my Hypermotard:brutale:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
yeah i done it on the F4 1000 in 2006, went from England down to Italy over a week and was so looking forward to the Stelvio - in fact it was the Top Gear show that inspired my trip:f4:.
Dont get me wrong its still enjoyable, but hell, Austria is what it was all about. :naughty:
I remember id been on this long windy road for about 3 miles, it was heaven, following a shallow fast flowing river for quite away, i came to an junction and my sat nav announced that the road was to continue like this for another 34 miles. :mouthwate it was phenominal.

More recently i have done the trip on a Tiger Sport, just as enjoyable but in different ways. There were times where i just wanted to wave my magic wand and turn it into an MV. Alas the wife was with me, so as usual, my magic wand stayed tucked firmly away!!:bawling::jerkoff:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts