Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a take on this modification?

MV AGUSTA F4

NON STANDARD SWING ARM PIVOT

COMPLETE WITH

ALLOY INSERTS (FOR FRAME PLATES) TO GIVE 3mm RAISED PIVOT POSITION

Good condition, was sourced from the Mechanical Velvet MV endurance racing team. Thy found, in consultation with the Maxim indurance racers that a raised swing arm pivot improved the (already good) handling of the bike. I use a 3mm raised swing arm pivot on my F4 1000.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Steptoe said:

Sure, but you need the right frameplates, wich can host the small elliptic alluminium plates.
Most of the 750's frameplates can't fit this swingarm pivot. (and may be some 1.000 too)
Anyway 3 mm offset is too much, and it causes a too quick consumption of the chain rail, on the upper part of the swingarm. My pivot is 1.5 mm higher and it works very good.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I know this is a bit off topic but what is the avatar, steptoe?

Does that say CARIFORNIA? Notice the R? :confused:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
admin said:
I know this is a bit off topic but what is the avatar, steptoe?

Does that say CARIFORNIA? Notice the R? :confused:

And why have you cut off the lady's face, is it your missus? :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
john said:
And why have you cut off the lady's face, is it your missus? :)
No, that is my body, with man boobs. I have cut off my head for the other members faces thread :toothless

Just surfing some German Scheiße websites for some faecal shots as well.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Steptoe said:
No, that is my body, with man boobs. I have cut off my head for the other members faces thread :toothless

Just surfing some German Scheiße websites for some faecal shots as well.

You certainly seem to have women's hips too. I suppose you paid more for the operation than Odonata!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spr2003 said:
Sure, but you need the right frameplates, wich can host the small elliptic alluminium plates.
Most of the 750's frameplates can't fit this swingarm pivot. (and may be some 1.000 too)
Anyway 3 mm offset is too much, and it causes a too quick consumption of the chain rail, on the upper part of the swingarm. My pivot is 1.5 mm higher and it works very good.
Firstly, Registry :stickpoke

Secondly, what's the benefit handling wise, from someone who doesn't, suspensionly speaking, know his ass from his elbow. :humpother

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
admin said:
Note to self: Get some sleep before the Australians rule the board!

Good night Alvin and sweet dreams of riding SPR's in a utopian world, free of traffic cops. :smoking:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steptoe said:

Digging up an old thread which is relevant again. I recently got a pair of 1000 frameplates, but just realised they didn't come with the swingarm washers which set the pivot position.

Can someone give me dimensions of these little buggers so I can get some made up. Or if you've got spares kicking around.... :naughty:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts