MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive dinged the shit out of the finish on my swingarm and every attempt to fix it only makes it worse because the paint never quite matches under different light conditions. I'm ready to give up and by a carbonfiber cover.

Thing is I don't really like them. Id rather replace an whole part with a carbon fiber piece then pretend its something its not by covering. Anyone have a photo of there bike with one of these? Anyone have an opinion on this or an idea how to get a perfect match for the stock black finish?

Thanks

Edit: will this work with a moto corse hugger?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The swing are cover har a built in upper and lower chain guard form the ones ie seen should be ok with hugger why don't u just pull out the swing arm and get texture powder coated mate

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because that would be the right way to do it and im to lazy and cheap. Seriously though I may do that over the winter.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Because that would be the right way to do it and im to lazy and cheap. Seriously though I may do that over the winter.
Yep..that would be the way to do it.
I don't like 'covers' or 'huggers' myself either...dirt/grit usually gets trapped underneath and even if it's only a small bit....it 'eats' the surface of your swing arm due to the vibration.
I had a Yamaha Fazer 1000 with a hugger fitted (to protect the shock etc) and when I took it off found a 'groove' ate into the top of the swing arm with no way of disguising it unless you refitted the hugger or aggressively buffed it out and had the swing arm re-anodised.
Never had or will have one on any of my bikes ever since.
Brian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carbon cover for swing arm

I´m making real carbon covering on nearly every part, also on a swingarm.

You can see on Fotoalbum, or FB:
www.facebook.com/heiko.schremmvagusta

This is a test.
I´m here since any years, but had been unable to post here.
Now I was finally unlocked.....
If it now works, I'll gladly post the images here.

Kind Regards H.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Too many track days.

Go to Levine Paint Supply. They have a flat black there in a blue and black can. I can't remember the name. A three letter name. MPS, or PMS or something like that. It is absolutely a perfect match. Levine is the only place I've seen it.

·
Registered
694 Posts

This is a test.

Kind Regards H.
That rear piece is a beauty! I like how it aligns with the slant of the taillight!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome Heiko

This is a test.

Kind Regards H.
Great to finally see you on the forum. I believe you're selling your black and orange Brutale.

·
Registered
53 Posts

This is a test.

Kind Regards H.

Im liking the wheel covers! Pm me a price shipped to Australia if you can please?

cheers.joe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too many track days.

Go to Levine Paint Supply. They have a flat black there in a blue and black can. I can't remember the name. A three letter name. MPS, or PMS or something like that. It is absolutely a perfect match. Levine is the only place I've seen it.
thanks Carl ill try this.

TTD's aren't the same without your bike in the garage.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Yep..that would be the way to do it.
I don't like 'covers' or 'huggers' myself either...dirt/grit usually gets trapped underneath and even if it's only a small bit....it 'eats' the surface of your swing arm due to the vibration.
I had a Yamaha Fazer 1000 with a hugger fitted (to protect the shock etc) and when I took it off found a 'groove' ate into the top of the swing arm with no way of disguising it unless you refitted the hugger or aggressively buffed it out and had the swing arm re-anodised.
Never had or will have one on any of my bikes ever since.
Brian.
I saw a BMW S1000RR the other day with just about everything covered in carbon. It looked like crap.

Get someone to make you a full carbon swingarm. Should not be too expensive :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts