MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody doing anything special to clean the rough surface of the swingarm and frame. On my silver 910 it is black and seems to gather lint from towels etc. The frame portion I am talking about is where the red trellis connects at the rear. Seems to be the same material as the swingarm. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use a micro fiber towel that does not leave lint.

I clean the swing arm with plain water unless there is chain oil or other oil on it. In that case I will use a little kerosene.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i used to use wd-40 on my Mg swingarm and wheels but my dlr didn't think that was a good idea. so now i use meguiar's final inspection and elbow grease

·
Registered
257 Posts
The swingarm I clean with WD40.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i take off the oil and grease with WD40 before i wash the bike.. then at the end of washing the bike make sure to soap the areas you applied WD40 to. Then continue as normal. When I use WD40 i apply it to cheap paper towels and rub the towel on the spots. Dont destroy perfectly good cloth towels on grease.

·
Registered
70 Posts
netizen said:
i take off the oil and grease with WD40 before i wash the bike.. then at the end of washing the bike make sure to soap the areas you applied WD40 to. Then continue as normal. When I use WD40 i apply it to cheap paper towels and rub the towel on the spots. Dont destroy perfectly good cloth towels on grease.
Yes, that's a good call. I use way to many cloth and microfiber rags.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Guys! i warn you..use soft fiber tissue on that girls frame or she will punish you hard!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Try some silicon spray.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts