MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/1859/16/

i'm going to have this "installed" this coming saturday morning



they are the ONLY company to make an adapter for the MV....

MV Agusta 5-screw gascaps
F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-

yes, this leaves a SMALL RING around the gascap when the bag is off...



but, the magnetic mount is one of the most simple
i really worry that the "look" of the flat tank will be "altered"
but....
it is an easily-reversible move on my part

any thoughts?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
I saw this bag a couple of days ago on the internet and was very interested in it. My huge concern with it was how hard is it to engage the locking mechanism and if there was any potential to scratch the take while trying to engage it. Please report your findings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm going to have this "installed" this coming saturday morning


they are the ONLY company to make an adapter for the MV....

MV Agusta 5-screw gascaps
F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-
The Monster has exactly the same gas cap as the MV, so if you find another one made for Monster and you think it would do you better, go for it...

...so now you have to spend some more time looking around the net :p ...sorry about that Greg
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dumbcomputers said:
I saw this bag a couple of days ago on the internet and was very interested in it. My huge concern with it was how hard is it to engage the locking mechanism and if there was any potential to scratch the take while trying to engage it. Please report your findings.
it will be installed at 8am on saturday morning
i'll get back to everyone after that time

i have the Marsee 20L Mr. Pockets bag with the more sophisticated magenetic "twist" mount on my BMW..... they don't make a mount for the MV

only THIS company does
Marsee bags are a MILLIONS times BETTER Quality and MORE useful
but...
there is nothing i can do about this here

i talked to MR. Marsee himself.... he answers in tennessee when you call them (amazing, huh?)
no plans for them to make it yet.... too small a market.... too little a return on the "investment" of making the SMALLER MOUNT



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'm going to have this "installed" this coming saturday morning



they are the ONLY company to make an adapter for the MV....

MV Agusta 5-screw gascaps
F4-1000, '06-
F4 Senna, '06-
910 Brutale, '06-

yes, this leaves a SMALL RING around the gascap when the bag is off...

but, the magnetic mount is one of the most simple
i really worry that the "look" of the flat tank will be "altered"
but....
it is an easily-reversible move on my part

any thoughts?

Looks great Greg. Thanks for the info on that bag. Looks really nice and te ring is almost imperceptible. Should be no problem and those bags come in quite handy as the Brutale has such a small "trunk".

Question...

Does the bag contact (rub) the tank or does the bag have a stiff bottom like the Marsee Corona so the bag "floats" above the tank to avoid rubbing?

BTW, I don't think SW-Motech is the ONLY company that makes this sort of a bag for the MV's. The Marsee Corona is designed for the Ducatis and those bags will fit MV's as the gas cap ring/ bolt pattern is the same.

That said, it looks like some pros and cons for each.

The SW is smaller and lower at the back. That may reduce the amount of "interference" with the rider's body, making that bag more comfortable.

But... that also means the bag has less capacity than the Marsee which may be a problem for some.

But... due to the positioning of the mounting ring on the Marsee, the bag sits rearward on the tank and this rearward position combined with the lage size makes the Marsee bag's comfort less than ideal.

Unfortunate because the Brutale has plenty of room forward of the gas cap and anything behind the cap could cause interference with the rider's body...

From the photos of the SW, it looks like it's the same situation. The tank moung bracket can't be reversed due to interference with the gas cap in the open position, but can the bottom mount on the SW bag be spun around so the bag's position can be reversed relative to the tank?

I'd buy one if that were the "case"....

Thanks, Greg. Keep us posted.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
emmvee said:
Looks great Greg. Thanks for the info on that bag. Looks really nice and te ring is almost imperceptible. Should be no problem and those bags come in quite handy as the Brutale has such a small "trunk".

Question...

Does the bag contact (rub) the tank or does the bag have a stiff bottom like the Marsee Corona so the bag "floats" above the tank to avoid rubbing?

BTW, I don't think SW-Motech is the ONLY company that makes this sort of a bag for the MV's. The Marsee Corona is designed for the Ducatis and those bags will fit MV's as the gas cap ring/ bolt pattern is the same.

That said, it looks like some pros and cons for each.

The SW is smaller and lower at the back. That may reduce the amount of "interference" with the rider's body, making that bag more comfortable.

But... that also means the bag has less capacity than the Marsee which may be a problem for some.

But... due to the positioning of the mounting ring on the Marsee, the bag sits rearward on the tank and this rearward position combined with the lage size makes the Marsee bag's comfort less than ideal.

Unfortunate because the Brutale has plenty of room forward of the gas cap and anything behind the cap could cause interference with the rider's body...

From the photos of the SW, it looks like it's the same situation. The tank moung bracket can't be reversed due to interference with the gas cap in the open position, but can the bottom mount on the SW bag be spun around so the bag's position can be reversed relative to the tank?

I'd buy one if that were the "case"....

Thanks, Greg. Keep us posted.
well
many questions to be answer

1. the bolt pattern of the ducatis and mvs is NOT the same
that is what i had thought
but, it is NOT so

so....
this is the ONLY floating bag made now for MV that i know of



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
There was also someone else from the Brutaleforum that had the same type of bag, designed for a different bike as well. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was originally from his R6. (same bolt pattern)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
spalding12 said:
well
many questions to be answer

1. the bolt pattern of the ducatis and mvs is NOT the same
that is what i had thought
but, it is NOT so

so....
this is the ONLY floating bag made now for MV that i know of
Hmmm... I mounted a Marsee Corona "Ducati" bag on my Brutale...

One screw was a bit long but that was easily shortened. Did they change the ring since '04?
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
emmvee said:
Hmmm... I mounted a Marsee Corona "Ducati" bag on my Brutale...

One screw was a bit long but that was easily shortened. Did they change the ring since '04?
well, i'm sure they haven't
now you really have me thinking
because, my dealer was the one who told me... usually i would have done it myself

i do NOT like the "LOOK" of the SW-MOTECH bag... but, it is better than nothing

IF the marsee can fit...
then that's what i'll buy
they are FAR superior and quality and "LOOK"
thanks for this info



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
greg,

Be careful. The Marsee bag will extend far to the rear and so far back that IMO it's in the rider's way....

Maybe that's just me but perhaps you could just take a Marsee bag and line it up without installing and eyeball it before you buy...

What I think I'm going to do is take the "guts" from my Marsee Corona 11 liter bag, buy a Marsee Bullet tank bag and see if I can mate the Corona mount to the Bullet bag. Talk about a pricey bag. But I like the Marsee mount and all I want for the tank bag is something to hold a cel phone, wallet and camera.

I'll use a regular Marsee bag over the passenger seat if I need to carry any more than that. I also bought a special base from Marsee so the bag straps go ACROSS the rear seat instead of ALONG the rear seat as they do with the standard mount. It's a much more secure mount that way especially with the trapezoidal shape of the Brutale seat. I do need to move one mount strap (I'll get somebody at a leather shop to move and re-stitch it) and I've Dremeled some slots in the bottom of a spare passenger seat for the straps to slide through and REALLY hold the bag securely.

For all this effort I might as well be making the crap myself. LOL
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
emmvee said:
greg,

Be careful. The Marsee bag will extend far to the rear and so far back that IMO it's in the rider's way....

Maybe that's just me but perhaps you could just take a Marsee bag and line it up without installing and eyeball it before you buy...

What I think I'm going to do is take the "guts" from my Marsee Corona 11 liter bag, buy a Marsee Bullet tank bag and see if I can mate the Corona mount to the Bullet bag. Talk about a pricey bag. But I like the Marsee mount and all I want for the tank bag is something to hold a cel phone, wallet and camera.

I'll use a regular Marsee bag over the passenger seat if I need to carry any more than that. I also bought a special base from Marsee so the bag straps go ACROSS the rear seat instead of ALONG the rear seat as they do with the standard mount. It's a much more secure mount that way especially with the trapezoidal shape of the Brutale seat. I do need to move one mount strap (I'll get somebody at a leather shop to move and re-stitch it) and I've Dremeled some slots in the bottom of a spare passenger seat for the straps to slide through and REALLY hold the bag securely.

For all this effort I might as well be making the crap myself. LOL
great post....
and i'm sure you are right about that size of the marsee bag
i need to lose 20 pounds OF BELLY...
so, any bag that extends towards me won't be comfortable as i reach for the bars.....

the one GOOD thing about that SW-MOTECH bag is that the install INCLUDES have the magnetic plate mounted ON THE BAG.... AFTER you figure out where to put it for your particular bike
sounds weird, but true
so....
i checked to see that the MATRIS would NOT affect how far forward i could put it
and.....
as for only carrying a wallet and cell phone......
CORRECT, along with my SunPass for florida tolls

thanks for your thoughts



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
I prefer the look of the SW-MOTECHO gas cap connector over all simular types I have seen so far. For one thing it is silver and is not as noticable as black, it's pretty low profile and has rounded edges. By looking at the design I am still worried about getting the bag on with out scratching the tank. Any experiences are highly appreciated. Thanks.
 

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Pimp of posts
Joined
·
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks, James
i appreciate it

i will try another bag one day...
i wish that MARSEE would make a bag that would sit more TOWARDS THE CLOCKS to get it away from my belly...
the ducati plate will fit the MV, but the bag sits too far TOWARD the rider, for whatever reason

fortunately, the SW bag wasn't that expensive and if i find something better one day, it won't bother me a bit

thanks for your help, as always



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top