MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still to be confirmed, breaking news on multiple sites that Suzuki is pulling out of MotoGP at the end of the year.:cry:

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to be a real cat fight for those chasing a ride next year. I was harbouring an idea that Fabio would be at Suzuki next year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was hoping they would sign Ed Eskew for 2023 and 2024.
He is perfectly capable of riding the bike and he can spin the spanners better than most of those young whipper snapper mechanics in the factory team.

Oh well, their loss.
As when back in school, they first have to get permission (from Dorna) to leave the room.....
Maybe Ducati will support a 5th team to take Suzuki's place. If they get enough bikes on the grid they might actually win another riders world championship. :p

• Haha
Reactions: slowpoke

·
Registered
106 Posts
Actually I was nursing idea Suzuki finally would have satellite team next season…hey ho…looks like it would not happen
If Dorna is letting Suzuki go, they should get BMW to join. They are doing pretty good by selling their GS’es, so should have some pennies available

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Everyone talking about Mir. I reckon Rins is faster.
Not much left for Moto 2 riders next year.
My crystal ball:
Aprilia to get satellite team
Out:
Zarco (50/50) Burnt too many bridges so its Duke or bust
Pol
Dovi
D Binder
Nakagami
A Marquez (depend son the politics)
Vinales might end up out of a ride depending on how the cards fall. If Aprilia get the satellite team, he will keep a ride.
Aleix: Better sign quickly or out.

In:
Miller: Pramac. But would go better at Aprilia
Martin: Factory Duke ( rumour already signed)
Mir: Honda
Rins to Yamaha satellite but factory bike. (taking Dovi's)
Quarto: resigns @ Factory Yamaha
Raul Fernandez: Yamaha with Rins
Bezzechi: Pramac
Olivera: could also get a look in for Yamaha.

I hope KTM keep Baby Jesus (Acosta) in Moto2 for another year.

Ogura to LCR Honda.
Canet?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Everyone talking about Mir. I reckon Rins is faster.
Not much left for Moto 2 riders next year.
My crystal ball:
Aprilia to get satellite team
Out:
Zarco (50/50) Burnt too many bridges so its Duke or bust
Pol
Dovi
D Binder
Nakagami
A Marquez (depend son the politics)
Vinales might end up out of a ride depending on how the cards fall. If Aprilia get the satellite team, he will keep a ride.
Aleix: Better sign quickly or out.

In:
Miller: Pramac. But would go better at Aprilia
Martin: Factory Duke ( rumour already signed)
Mir: Honda
Rins to Yamaha satellite but factory bike. (taking Dovi's)
Quarto: resigns @ Factory Yamaha
Raul Fernandez: Yamaha with Rins
Bezzechi: Pramac
Olivera: could also get a look in for Yamaha.

I hope KTM keep Baby Jesus (Acosta) in Moto2 for another year.

Ogura to LCR Honda.
Canet?
What about MM?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What about MM?
Didn't mention him because no change expected. He will stay with Honda

There are still quite a few what ifs. EG if Olivera leaves KTM who gets the factory seat at KTM? Neither of the rookies have done much to earn it yet. That will then leave a space for Baby Jesus, but I think another year in Moto 2 will serve him better.

Vierge to VR46 if Bezzechi goes to Pramac.

Canet looks like the kind of rider to go very well in Moto GP, but not sure there will be space next year.
Salac will be interesting in a year or two.

And the battle out of Roberts and Baubier will be interesting to see who is the American to make it in the next couple of years. My $ are on Baubier.

WSB could be interesting in a few years if they keep getting Moto GP/2 discards. Look how Lecuona is doing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Moneys tight, Suzuki won the title with Mir, nothing left to prove, go out at the top………..
It will be a shame to see Suzuki leave. sending Mir and Rins off to satellite teams. But if they do quit we need another brand not more satellite teams. But who could be ready in time? MV???? I thought I heard somewhere that MV was targeting MotorGP by 2030. But 2023 is probably FAR too soon.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Suzuki has nothing to gain from racing following the demise of the 600 and 750.
The 750 is now eligible in SuperSport class...along with the Ducati and the 800 MV

And why isn't Suzuki's 1000 relevant in WSBK ?...should be, but the factory doesn't care.
Old Man Suzuki...still in charge in spite of his statement of retirement... is so conservative he will not spend money for R&D or marketing.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Not a fan of Suzuki, But I am a fan of have as many as possible brands in the sport. Ducati already has too many bikes on the grid.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
There doesn't seem to be much of a market for Superbikes especially in the USA so the smaller bikes will get the marketing
Agree
The mid class is the future of sales and that is why the manufacturers are concentrating their efforts there.
I'm really interested to see the class once it all settles in a year or two.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Triplefan the fielding 8 bikes was a HUGE mistake ? No one but Gigi know why it was done . With 3 completely different engines ( no 2 parts the same ) 3 different bikes No transfer of data came be done . All it did was put a impossible amount of work to be done in a short period of time with no testing . Also it depletes budget ducatis budget is Lower than any of the Japanese manufacturers ( source = Crash podcast ep.36?) Best guess why 8 bikes fielded with 3 engines is Audi getting in F1 info for Mule engines .

Suzuki is actually more competitive this year than 2020. Suzuki backed into title only winning 1 race Marquez out dovi burned out . Yamaha was sorting bike .
IMHO Suzuki decision not thought out . Motorcycle marketing is that of Passion/sizzle/ excitement . Suzukis bikes are old /dull they need racing to keep up modern up to date .

Fyi... I own a superbike collection of both Japanese and Euro superbikes so no bias . I LOVE race engineering so who ever makes the best bikes gets my loyalty .. I am a tech whore lol.

FYI The Euro Superbikes have beaten the japanese superbikes in all comparisons for 14 years strait now!! 1st 2nd and 3rd for 14 years . The japanese superbikes are good , the euro superbikes are just better in all areas .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts