MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Anyone done anything to the suspension on your MV? Changed settings? Replaced the shock? Fork work? Just curious. Thanks. Just let me know what you've done and how you like the stock suspension or the changes you've done...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome emmvee.

I had hanling issues when I first picked up my bike and after a few rides I couldn't get past how poorly the bike was hanling so I decided to reset the suspension to stock and go from there...turns out the suspension on my bike was wound fully on both front and rear :wtf: it was a world of difference and now the front end is seriuosly planted (the best I've even ridden) and doesn't feel like I'm going to lose it every time I hit the slightest bump.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with Rockethouse, certainly standard settings are fine for fast road use, the front suspension needs stiffening up if you are pushing the envelope but it can be fun as the rear end goes light under heavy braking and you can ape Ben Bostrom as the back wheel dances around as you slide into a turn. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front ends that soft are fun until you hit a pothole and bend a rim.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I agree with rockethouse. When I got my MV, the settings were all wrong. For example the preload only show 1 ring hoops, and the bike would understeer around corners, ie keep going straight ahead!!!!

Also the rear shocks were set at maximum compression, ie fully jacked up rear. I nearly drop the bike today because of this!!!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I had similar set-up problems with mine when I first got it. It's pretty good now. probably the best I've ever ridden and a good part of it was acomplished with just a little less pre-load (front & rear) which gave the bike it's much need "Sag". Still working on it though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
check this out

Go to Ohlins.com and in the site there is basic set up info . Click on motorcycle then ultemit tuneing then road & track fork and shock . this is the best way to start and these are good notes. Good luck and if you have anny Qs let me know!!!!!!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
My Brutale's owners manual came with a supplement with basic supspender guidlines, although the dealer set me up really well at the time of purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts