MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting some Traxxion Ak-20 cartridges installed in the forks. My friend there will check on a Penske shock. These 2 components completly transformed my 06 FZ1 into an awesome handling bike. Right now, this thing beats me to death.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have AK20s on my 996 Racebike and love them, going to do the same on my radial MV F4 forks when they arrive next week from ebay purchase

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have AK20s on my 996 Racebike and love them, going to do the same on my radial MV F4 forks when they arrive next week from ebay purchase
I put AK 20's, Penske shock, Carrozzeria wheels and Galfer rotors on my Yamaha FZ1 and it is unbelievable on the difference. My friend [email protected] traxxion told me today that I know now how a bike is supposed to feel and ride. This Brutale is firm and rough. The biggest thing I noticed about the AK20's is the small bumps are non existent.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let us know if you can get them for the RAC 50's, and how much, always guy's asking the question.
What are rac's?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hhhmm

What are rac's?
Basically, they are the 50mm Marzocchi forks with the radial mount brakes. As per "R" model MV's and later. There is a few variations on the Brutale's, someone with more knowledge on the Brutie's will chip in shortly I am sure.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Huh ?

If the ride is too harsh, before you do any modifications, turn the compression damping settings to the softest setting and see if it makes a noticeable difference. If it does not, call us and we can recommend specific solutions for your size and style of riding.
I must have missed something guys from Houston, welcome aboard ? Always nice to see !

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the ride is too harsh, before you do any modifications, turn the compression damping settings to the softest setting and see if it makes a noticeable difference. If it does not, call us and we can recommend specific solutions for your size and style of riding.

I plan on coming visit yall since I am only 2 hrs away, in the Palestine area. Although eventually I will do the AK20/Penske upgrade. Unbelievable difference.

Donsy, Lee already told me they put AK20 cartridges in the 50mm forks. I will call Monday and find out more.

·
Site Sponsor
34 Posts
I must have missed something guys from Houston, welcome aboard ? Always nice to see !
Thank you for the welcome! You have not missed much, I believe the announcement just went up yesterday! A big howdy to MV owners in WA, I've spend some time working in Perth, what a beautiful country with great people - and you guys do have something in the water, with all the fast racers you keep cranking out over the years :)

I plan on coming visit yall since I am only 2 hrs away, in the Palestine area. Although eventually I will do the AK20/Penske upgrade. Unbelievable difference.
Absolutely, let us know when you head down our way!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Donsy, Lee already told me they put AK20 cartridges in the 50mm forks. I will call Monday and find out more.
Any update? I'm curious of the pricing and options available. Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts