MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,just signed up,have just bought a 1078rr brutale 2008/2009 model
loved my sv650,but this machine is crazy.need help with the suspension,because i did not get a book with it,would anyone have a picture for all the different suspension settings for this bike as i am not sure if it is the same as the 910. i have currebtly set it up on 910 settings and it is way better.any info would be great as our roads in australia are crap.
regards eddy

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Since there were no frame or suspension changes between the models, I would start with the settings recommended for the 910R.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think the 910s would be the same as the 910r setup,ps:i have tried to scrub out the sv part

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

do you think the 910s would be the same as the 910r setup,ps:i have tried to scrub out the sv part
No, not the same I believe, but look at the manuals to make sure !

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can not believe how hard it is to get the correct manaul for suspension settings on these bikes, the italians must be extremely secretive.not much on there site,

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well my 1078 has the Marzocchi with no adjustments made at bottom of the fork leg (Unlike my last 910R which also used different sized cartridges as well IIRC) So you have Compression in one leg and rebound in the other with their adjusters at the top...

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that is correct,I think the setup is slightly different on the 1078, did you get a manaul with your bike totale.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I did eddy but I lent it out - quite a while back now I think about it :cross:
Sure there is a decent suspension guide on here somewhere - first thing I would do would be to set up ride height / static sag - set adjusters back to stock - ty-rap round the fork leg and take it for a ride

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks mihaslo, but be carefull it has to be the brutale 1078rr naked not the sports one with the four pipes

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did all that totale,the back end is still not correct,sag is correct,changed the rebound on bottom shock to 8 clicks and compression dampning to 12 clicks low speed,high is set to 0.just trying to get the back end more grounded around corners, but without making it a stiff as a board as the roads in brisbane are pretty bad.front end is set up pretty good

·
Registered
851 Posts
eddy is the rear linkage/rocker all 100% - gets really weird if there's lots of free play (as in fecked bushes)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts