MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have my 2005 F41000s and very nice it is but the suspension is a little hard for our potholed roads so I am going to try he slightly softer settings from the manual. But they are a little confusing. I have read the instructions and it comes across as the settings are from fully out and screwing back in.

Can anyone confirm this.

This is the manual excerpt. bit contradictory to most stuff.

The adjustments shown in the table are made from initial reference positions which are determined as follows:

Spring preload: Fully turn anticlockwise
Rebound Damping : fully turn anticlockwise
compression Damping :Fully turn clockwise.

Now as preload goes I always thought that screwing in would increase preload

And normally rebound and compression are out from fully in .

Am I reading this wrong in the manual or is it lost in translation?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Which manual are you using ? You're talking forks at the moment right ? Every table I've seen and have here is far more complete than what you're typing there.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ha! I had the same issue with my F3. Use the Shop Manual and not the Owner's Manual. I believe the person who posted above me got the info from the shop manual.

Something definitely got lost in translation :)

Hello all I have my 2005 F41000s and very nice it is but the suspension is a little hard for our potholed roads so I am going to try he slightly softer settings from the manual. But they are a little confusing. I have read the instructions and it comes across as the settings are from fully out and screwing back in.

Can anyone confirm this.

This is the manual excerpt. bit contradictory to most stuff.

The adjustments shown in the table are made from initial reference positions which are determined as follows:

Spring preload: Fully turn anticlockwise
Rebound Damping : fully turn anticlockwise
compression Damping :Fully turn clockwise.

Now as preload goes I always thought that screwing in would increase preload

And normally rebound and compression are out from fully in .

Am I reading this wrong in the manual or is it lost in translation?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which manual are you using ? You're talking forks at the moment right ? Every table I've seen and have here is far more complete than what you're typing there.
I am using the service manual Donsy but I am wondering what the reference setting is as usually all suspension settings I have come across are ie:

two or three turns from fully in for example or three or four clicks from fully in.

The section you posted does not say wether it is from fully in or fully out.

such as preload would be two turns for example but is this from fully screwed in or out.

I think the problem lies in he words reference point.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So from the highlighted section:

Preload fully out then screw in as per turns req.
Rebound fully in then adjust out as per turns/clicks required.
Comp: fully out and screw in as required.

This is how I read it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No mate, you've still got Compression the wrong way round.
It's easy to figure out, it's a pin closing a hole when being screwed in, clock-wise.
The manual says 12 out is soft setting and 6 out is hard setting, meaning the more it's wound out the more you've unscrewed the pin and opened the hole more.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Front Forks:
Reference setting is when adjustment reaches end of stroke (where it tops out).
Spring preload turn counterclockwise until it tops out.
Then the standard setting is how many turns or clicks clockwise it states in shop manual.

Rebound and Compression reference point is at end of stroke (where it bottoms out).
Turn clockwise until end of stroke,
Then standard setting is how many turns or clicks counterclockwise it states in shop manual.

Rear Shock:
Spring preload turn counterclockwise until it tops out.
Then the standard setting is how many turns or clicks clockwise it states in shop manual.

Rebound and Compression (low speed) reference point is at end of stroke (where it bottoms out).
Turn clockwise until end of stroke,
Then standard setting is how many turns or clicks counterclockwise it states in shop manual.

Compression (highspeed)
Turn counterclockwise until it tops out.

I am using the service manual Donsy but I am wondering what the reference setting is as usually all suspension settings I have come across are ie:

two or three turns from fully in for example or three or four clicks from fully in.

The section you posted does not say wether it is from fully in or fully out.

such as preload would be two turns for example but is this from fully screwed in or out.

I think the problem lies in he words reference point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts