MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 980r Brutale r which the suspension is at the book settings.Im a large guy and i do moderatly fast road rideing but i find it at touch on the hard side.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start.

Gringo :brutale:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Have 980r Brutale r which the suspension is at the book settings.Im a large guy and i do moderatly fast road rideing but i find it at touch on the hard side.
Can anybody give me an idea where to start.

Gringo :brutale:
Hi John ,do your sag first,then compression and the rebound,cheers eddy:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
sorry eddy what is sag do you mean spring pre load.
very simple,get a mate,get a bubble level and a tape measure,ok put all your riding gear on,next put a bit of tape on the back of your bike as a line.just at the back off the passenger seat,now put the level on the tank keep the bike straight
and measure from the ground inline with the rear axle to the tape at the back off the bike vertically,now for example it might be 880mm,ok now sit on it keep the bike level, next to a wall so you can lean on it with one hand,full weight on the bike and get your mate to measure the same distance,it could be say 860mm,ok now you know your sag is 20mm ,this for road use is to stiff,it should be around 31mm to 35mm,so all you have to do is turn the spring nut anticlockwise to make the spring longer,take the measurements again until you get it to your prefered 31mm to 35mm or max 40mm.hope this helps.had a few to drink ,hope this helps ,otherwise goole it very simple stuff.scheers eddy:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+10

very simple,get a mate,get a bubble level and a tape measure,ok put all your riding gear on,next put a bit of tape on the back of your bike as a line.just at the back off the passenger seat,now put the level on the tank keep the bike straight
and measure from the ground inline with the rear axle to the tape at the back off the bike vertically,now for example it might be 880mm,ok now sit on it keep the bike level, next to a wall so you can lean on it with one hand,full weight on the bike and get your mate to measure the same distance,it could be say 860mm,ok now you know your sag is 20mm ,this for road use is to stiff,it should be around 31mm to 35mm,so all you have to do is turn the spring nut anticlockwise to make the spring longer,take the measurements again until you get it to your prefered 31mm to 35mm or max 40mm.hope this helps.had a few to drink ,hope this helps ,otherwise goole it very simple stuff.scheers eddy:popcorn:
Another unique way of doing things Eddy, you are spot on with those rider sag numbers. Quite surpised you have not got yourself one of those MV ride height measuring brackets from Noel or CAG.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Another unique way of doing things Eddy, you are spot on with those rider sag numbers. Quite surpised you have not got yourself one of those MV ride height measuring brackets from Noel or CAG.
Hey Donsy,might find another use for the baseball bat,lol
cheers:)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i can think of one .
ok,did the sag on tonys bike the 1090 .it was set at 55mm at the rear ,we have reset this to 40mm ,and it handles much better on the corners,but he does feel the bumps more now.we also adjusted the high compression ratio to 2 + clicks from full minus.this gave a smoother ride.

cheers eddy:violin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts