MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows the standard rider size which the suggested suspension settings are set to.

I've got mine dialed in to near RR track settings, but I still find my front preload to be soft.

·
Super Moderator
22,101 Posts
Then you probably need to go up in spring stiffness.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm only 205, thought it could dial in for that. Rear is fine, just the front seems weak.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, I've never actually measured it Dons. I set it to factory set, then go from there. I got the rear to a point where it sits, rides and feels right for my riding, but other than the comp/rebound I just haven't found that point with the front suspension. Find sag hard to measure alone and haven't been bothered to get anyone to help.

·
Super Moderator
22,101 Posts
Reckler, you are 205...now add gear....re-weigh, you'll be suprised.

My two cents: go up in spring rate. It'll put you into the spring's control zone.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there much on the market for spring upgrades for the Brutale? I'm not looking at rebutting, just reducing the sag.

How do you find yours Chuck? How many turns do you have yours preloaded?

·
Super Moderator
22,101 Posts
I went up in spring rate from 1.0 kg to 1.1 kg. Mind you, I am talking about my 312R and not my 1090RR.
When I had the 1090RR on the track at Bub, it was obvious from the rear end wallowing that I needed more spring...or less weight. Since the bike is ostensibly Cindy's bike, springing it for my weight is not the best option. I just won't ride it that hard.

When I am a bit more healed, sorting the 1090 suspension is on the list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts