MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after they finally revealed the RR it looks like a cheap knock off to the superveloce, throw a lower fairing on and boom. You would think they would design the dual headlights into it but this just seems to fall flat. Performance wise, no idea...i bet its a mean machine... Thoughts?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dunno, I think it loos awesome! but they all look the same to me now-a-days.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2005 MV Agusta F4 1+1, 2009 Yamaha R1 (track only), 1966 Suzuki K15
112 Posts
I usually reserve judgment until I see things in person, but initial impression is they could've mounted the front fairing lower, and may be trimmed it a bit more to be sleeker.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I think Triumph did a good job with this bike. I don't see it as an MV knock off or as a cheaply styled or built bike in general.
There are a few reviews on YouTube making the rounds.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So after they finally revealed the RR it looks like a cheap knock off to the superveloce, throw a lower fairing on and boom. You would think they would design the dual headlights into it but this just seems to fall flat. Performance wise, no idea...i bet its a mean machine... Thoughts?
View attachment 488820
Naked bike, but with 1/2 fairing... I'm confused.

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,696 Posts
I think Triumph did a good job with this bike. I don't see it as an MV knock off or as a cheaply styled or built bike in general.
There are a few reviews on YouTube making the rounds.
You don't see Superveloce on the front?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Naked bike, but with 1/2 fairing... I'm confused.
I think thats part of why i think it didnt hit the mark. If you're gonna make a sport bike out of a previously naked style bike, then do it. Also the style of the dual headlights IS the style of the speed/street triple so to lose it all together i think its not even a striple anymore.
Yup^^

·
Registered
853 Posts
The only thing they have in common is a round headlamp. The body work in minimal on the Triumph, the mirrors are different, the windscreen is different.
From the side it's completely different. The Thruxton RS has a round headlamp as well.

I personally like the look of the minimal body work, this is not a new Daytona, that's probably next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Triumph has much higher spec suspension and brakes.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The price in the US is $21K, the red paint is extra.

·
Registered
31 Posts
certainly not a "cheap" knockoff at over 20 grand. I personally love it and Triumph's fit and finish are unreal. I am expecting great things from this bike for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No doubt its a fantastic bike, quality and performance. The only reason i dont have an 08 speed triple is because the brute just put a smile on my face when i took it out. I still want the triple though... To me they took the design away from what it was and now is melding into other sport bikes, not standing out like the weird bug eyed beaut' that it was

1 - 13 of 13 Posts