MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
What time?...I saw another segment recently which may also have been called superbikes - and it was all about stunts in FL and drag racing

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
That one on FL was from last week. the new ones are always showed on tuesday nights. Look forward to seeing a real bike on that show. Those drag bikes don't really do it for me, forgive me for actually wanting to ride my bike like it is supposed to be....around turns!!! :koolaid: i am now done with my rant for the day :king:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Turbo329 said:
I will be on there with the MV. ;)

I hope I don't look stupid. And if they show my "Desmo Lumina", don't laugh at me. :D
The segment was great...nice to see an MV among all those other bikes. All you needed was a MVAgusta.net t shirt for a little site exposure. Didn't see the Desmo Lumina...what's that? :confused:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Dammit...anybody capture it??? Upload? Segment? Damn..I never watch that stupid show, and the one time they show a good segment...I miss it...go figure...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MVorBMW said:
The segment was great...nice to see an MV among all those other bikes. All you needed was a MVAgusta.net t shirt for a little site exposure. Didn't see the Desmo Lumina...what's that? :confused:
The Desmo Lumina is the 1992 Chevy Lumina 'beater" that I drive and tow my bikes to and from the track. lol

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Saw you on there man, that is pretty bad ass. if you ask me they should have spent more time talking to you about your bike then some of that stunting or customizing stuff. Congrats for being famous and on tv!!!! :yo:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Didn't see that...but kept looking for the MV. Now you're royalty...on Speed TV! :smoking: If you ever ride north let us know...there is an MV contingent in Fairfield county :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just glad that I didn't look fat.

You know what the funny part about all of this is???? I used to be those other squids that were on the show. In fact, those guys at the end that they showed, I used to ride with them and almost joined their club a few years ago back when I had my Gix1K.

I know they were buggin out when they watched the show last night and saw me at the track. lol I bet they were like: "Hey, that's Nate. He used to get down with us!"

But at the end of the day, I'm glad I found the track. The track has made me a better person overall.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you looked good, and it was the only good part about this horrible show...the rest was a bunch of "stunta" "gansta" "I'm down...aighhttt" crowd whose bikes, use of language, and image made me want to vomit. I hope people don't associate the rest of us with that kind of crowd...riding with a chrome chopper style helmet on a sportbike...now that's stylish...how about the spider spinners on the R6 with GSXR front...seriously am I the only one who can't find the beauty on these abominations????

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To be frank, the show really isn't that great. And in reality, there really is more of "THEM" (squids and stunters) than there are track riders who actually obey the law on the street.

But after talking with one of the co-producers (I think), the object of the show is to "expose" and "bring to light" and not really to "promote".

They just cover what goes on in the real world. It's like a semi reality show in a sense I guess.

At the end of the day, we really should be saying: "I hate what goes on in the bike world", instead of saying "I hate this stupid show".

That's how I feel about it personally.

·
Registered
756 Posts
b42day said:
I think you looked good, and it was the only good part about this horrible show...the rest was a bunch of "stunta" "gansta" "I'm down...aighhttt" crowd whose bikes, use of language, and image made me want to vomit. I hope people don't associate the rest of us with that kind of crowd...riding with a chrome chopper style helmet on a sportbike...now that's stylish...how about the spider spinners on the R6 with GSXR front...seriously am I the only one who can't find the beauty on these abominations????
Completely agree...the scene outside of Turbo329's MV was grim :barfalot:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts