MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to ride the America to one of the biggest Car (over 1000) and Bike (over 300) shows in Oz, the Shannons Euroa Show and Shine last Sunday; was only planning to park outside and have a quick look around and........thats where we started by leaving the bike under the watchful eyes of the officials at the gate and proceeded to have a look around; 15 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder from another Official asking "was that my bike at the gate?" and........ on reply ---- yes he suggested it comes inside and goes on display:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: then....... he and two others decide it should be entered (which they promptly took care of:jsm::jsm:) then........ they asked if I would take the baffles out for the crowd and start the bike:jsm::jsm::jsm: we did of course and within a few minutes it was standing room only:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: then.......
as I was about to leave............they suggested I stay for the judging and awards:jsm::jsm::jsm: so............. we did and....... after handing out the various category winners it came down to "Best Bike In Show' and..............low and behold............. the America wins:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: (couldnt take the Trophy home though:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:) I didnt even give it a clean before I left:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Decided to ride the America to one of the biggest Car (over 1000) and Bike (over 300) shows in Oz, the Shannons Euroa Show and Shine last Sunday; was only planning to park outside and have a quick look around and........thats where we started by leaving the bike under the watchful eyes of the officials at the gate and proceeded to have a look around; 15 minutes later I get a tap on the shoulder from another Official asking "was that my bike at the gate?" and........ on reply ---- yes he suggested it comes inside and goes on display:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: then....... he and two others decide it should be entered (which they promptly took care of:jsm::jsm:) then........ they asked if I would take the baffles out for the crowd and start the bike:jsm::jsm::jsm: we did of course and within a few minutes it was standing room only:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: then.......
as I was about to leave............they suggested I stay for the judging and awards:jsm::jsm::jsm: so............. we did and....... after handing out the various category winners it came down to "Best Bike In Show' and..............low and behold............. the America wins:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: (couldnt take the Trophy home though:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:) I didnt even give it a clean before I left:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
fantastic! amazing bike and i love that you are out riding it rather than just looking at it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Brilliant JSM! The last time I parked up in the car park at a show, there were soon more spectators in there than there were in the display tents. Ho ho! Old MVs certainly draw the crowds. Congrats on winning 'best bike'. It's a shame you couldn't take the trophy home though. I will always regret letting the previous owner of my bike keep the 'best in show' trophy he won when he displayed it. To my mind, it's part of the bike's history, and should stay with it.

It's great that you're out and about on your America though. A treat indeed for the crowds. Keep spreading the faith!!

Steve

ps. ..I envy you the fine weather there. It'd done nothing but rain here for days. B*gger!

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brilliant JSM! The last time I parked up in the car park at a show, there were soon more spectators in there than there were in the display tents. Ho ho! Old MVs certainly draw the crowds. Congrats on winning 'best bike'. It's a shame you couldn't take the trophy home though. I will always regret letting the previous owner of my bike keep the 'best in show' trophy he won when he displayed it. To my mind, it's part of the bike's history, and should stay with it.

It's great that you're out and about on your America though. A treat indeed for the crowds. Keep spreading the faith!!

Steve

ps. ..I envy you the fine weather there. It'd done nothing but rain here for days. B*gger!
Steve,
One of the organisers is going to bring the trophy across to where I live:jsm::jsm: amazing service! (although I think he is a wine lover also:naughty:) we have had our coldest / wet winter in 10 years and last weekend was the warmest for some time so out with the beast however felt a bit guilty winning the prize as the MV was far from "detailed" (cases were anodised, exhaust showing a bit of rust:jsm::jsm:) but will now spur me on to give her a spruce up:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+10 on what Simon said.
D, it certainly gets a "flogging" when where out (plenty of "back roads" where we live:naughty::naughty::naughty:) and although a bit of a handfull on the track, the sound is amazing:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to hear they had to twist your arm really really hard :stickpoke
Just a passenger..............and......... literally "went along for the ride":jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: BTW, check the rides section for the next trip to AB :naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Great stuff Julian :yo:

You should have popped down to Daylesford for the National Classic Scooter Rally on the weekend but you may have got beaten up from a being a 'rocker' if you came on the F4, I had to keep my motorcycle onwership quiet, yep I stayed in the closet :laughing:

What a laugh that was, Brighton England early 70's lives on in OZ..... :laughing:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great stuff Julian :yo:

You should have popped down to Daylesford for the National Classic Scooter Rally on the weekend but you may have got beaten up from a being a 'rocker' if you came on the F4, I had to keep my motorcycle onwership quiet, yep I stayed in the closet :laughing:

What a laugh that was, Brighton England early 70's lives on in OZ..... :laughing:
Hmmmm maybe I could take the little tacker to Daylesford:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
great day by the sounds of it. If we had realised Dino and I might have dropped in as we did a ride to Trawool,Yea and then Eildon. Who has the F4s in the picture?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful machine! :yo:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great day by the sounds of it. If we had realised Dino and I might have dropped in as we did a ride to Trawool,Yea and then Eildon. Who has the F4s in the picture?
Melbournian 'Bryan" and his 1000 was his first MV and....:drummer::drummer::drummer::drummer: loving it:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
holy confusing post and crazy use of emoticons. congrats on the award that you left behind. ;)
S, In am actually the Eekster :jsm::jsm::jsm: from MV Madness (the originl MV posting site) so have exclusive use of the litle fella:jsm::jsm::jsm::naughty:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts