MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to get myself a pair of good quality summer pants. It gets pretty hot here and temps easily cross 45C i.e. 113F + temps and bike temp reaching a good 105C (220F) so most of the riding will be done only late night. Cant imagine wearing the leather pants but do not want to be without protection at all. ATGATT (did i get that right !!! )
I would like to buy pants that can breathe very well but do not sacrifice in any way on protection against abrasion and impact. As leather is best against abrasion I do not mind a mix of textile and leather.
Would like to hear what you guys have and what is your experience on summer pants. I wish I could check them out for myslf but we dont have good stores that keep stock of items :wtf: for me to look at or try so your input is going to be very helpful.
Thanks,
Sarge

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone tried these?

Alpinestars "A-10 Air-Flo" Pants
or
DAINESE 2010 "New Drake Air Tex" Pants
or
DAINESE "Drake Air" Pant

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fully perforated pants from Vanson work well.
Thanks Cag ...... I tried looking for these pants but found the Vanson only in leather. DO you have any link for the pants you are talking about?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I most always wear Draggin' Jeans. I use either Fox MX knee armor or Forcefield Knee armor. I don't have any hip padding, which I'm not super psyched about. Looking for something now, but not sure if it will fit with the current jeans, as they are a bit tight in the ass/hip area. Thinking to buy a pair that is one size up and see how that works.

I hear draggin jeans made in the US have less kevlar lining than those made in Oz. I've only got ones made in Oz, so can't comment, but something for you to be aware of if you are shopping for them.

The jean models are relatively slim I think. I usually use the cargo-styles, which are a bit more generous.....

I also have some perf'ed textile pants from Kushitani. Pretty good. Wonder where they are..... :eek:

·
Registered
852 Posts
I found the dragging jeans a huge letdown as i wore them on and off the bike.The stitching just gave way my previous pair of Ikon were at least twice as durable and cheaper

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at a pair of Shift jeans (anyone tried these) and realised that at the most they might save me from abrasion (which offcourse is better than nothing). So if I end up buying the knee gards and some underpants for the hip and ass padding. I end up spending as much as I would for a good textile pants. Unfortunately here they are not available off the self nor do I know of anyone who have tried any of these pants to get their input. Going thru the web sites it gets a bit confusing.

Tokyo launch,
how were the textile pants from Kushitani. I think they are on sale at the moment and come with knee gaurds. Are the ones you have same as the ones in the link below. If yes is there any protection on the hips and ass area.
http://www.kushitanionlinestore.com/products/Kushitani-Beat-Mesh-Pants-CLEARANCE.html

·
Registered
363 Posts
Whilst the UK summers only briefly warrant it, I do ride in Europe where the temps soar through the season, so I know what you're saying about the hot leathers.

Fully perforated leather's not bad, but you do need a liner underneath to stop it sticking to you. You'll dehydrate quickly though.

The new Dainese air stuff's very good indeed. Thinking of getting myself some, but a couple of mates rave about it.

I use draggin jeans, and wear top quality armour beneath (don't fit it to the jeans, get the stuff that you can strap to your leg). Forcefield also do some very good armoured shorts now and it's not as bulky as some of the MX stuff so it can go under jeans.

The reason I like the jeans is that on hotter days you can just pull up, pour water over them and then ride on - instant air conditioning as the wet denim cools you off :D

I also bought some Sidi Vortice Air boots - best move ever as they're very well vented (and all day comfy). If your feet are cool, the rest of you is more comfy in the heat.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will check out forcefield shorts
+1 on the Sidi Vortice Air boots. So far they feel great.

·
Registered
337 Posts
For summer riding, I usually wear my Dainese Air Drake textile pants. For fabric pants, they have really good protection (from what I can tell) and the ventilation is very good. And I can zip it together with my Dainese jackets.

Mike

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Sarge, where are you located?

Re: Kushitani. I'll have to check mine. Domestic & foreign models seem to be a bit different....

I've gone Draggin', so been a while since I wore them. Hope they still fit!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am in Kuwait. You dont need to go out of the way to check. Its cool.
I ended up with a pair of Shift jeans for the time being as its better to be riding with something more protective than just normal jeans till I deceide on the pants. Have also got the Dainese shorts, will be getting the knee pads soon.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I most always wear Draggin' Jeans. I use either Fox MX knee armor or Forcefield Knee armor. I don't have any hip padding, which I'm not super psyched about. Looking for something now, but not sure if it will fit with the current jeans, as they are a bit tight in the ass/hip area. Thinking to buy a pair that is one size up and see how that works.

I hear draggin jeans made in the US have less kevlar lining than those made in Oz. I've only got ones made in Oz, so can't comment, but something for you to be aware of if you are shopping for them.

The jean models are relatively slim I think. I usually use the cargo-styles, which are a bit more generous.....

I also have some perf'ed textile pants from Kushitani. Pretty good. Wonder where they are..... :eek:

I wear a great pair of AlpineStars "undershorts" under my draggins . I've found them to be excellent with padded sections all the way around and thin enough not to be seen. (sounds like an add for maxxi pads)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I wear a great pair of AlpineStars "undershorts" under my draggins . I've found them to be excellent with padded sections all the way around and thin enough not to be seen. (sounds like an add for maxxi pads)

thanks. I was looking at some A* shorts the other day that sound like those. I bought the forcefield ones ages ago, just can't find them.... so still hoping my closet cleaning will reveal them soon. hmmm. more likely than not, i'll be going out to get the A* ones before my next ride.... !

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fully perforated pants from Vanson work well.

Been using full perf Vansons tops & bottoms for years at times in 100+ temps...ya just have to keep moving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts