MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

We are considering having a new patio in our rear garden.

I have attached photos of the existing garden which consists of a combination of a patio and path to the side gate, borders and central grass area. There are some plastic cupboards which will be removed.

We need advice on the shape of the new patio and whether or not it should be extended in width across to the garage area and also whether or not the existing flower bed where the drain could be extended. The drain can be altered to incorporate the bed ie a lipped cover full of chippings to conceal the lid but retain access.

We are looking for a solution which keeps to the existing style but also to retain a reasonable patio, bedding and grass ratio.

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

Paul

I'm refurbishing a new property in St Albans and part of the project was to rip out the original rear garden and design a new garden incorporating two separate patio areas with a connecting double width pathway.

The type of material used also makes a massive difference to the end results.. I used natural polished mint coloured sandstone..

You're welcome to pop up and have a look.

J

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JDS and I hope you are well. I may well pop up in due course.

I would ask what your thoughts are on the proportions of the patio I am considering

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts

It's all down to personnel preference and budget..

Like I said, you and the Mrs are welcome to come up and see for yourselves to get some idea what the finished project would look like and to give you guys some idea's on the proportions..

I have an trade account with a national stone supplier and you're welcome to use it ( you'll have to pay them direct)... Difference can be astronomical when you're buying building materials..

Mate... I've been there and done it ... and have done all the hard homework.. :)

Laters

J

1 - 5 of 5 Posts