MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright MV geniuses, need your help. Was riding at highway speeds then got into the city. Rode about 4-5 blocks stopping at one stop light.

As I approached the next light and slowe'd down, engine just cut off. It is warm here but temp guage read 214.

Rolled the bike to the side and let it cool down. Tried to restart at 160 degrees and the ignition goes off for 4 second but bike won't turn over.

I have full tank, coolant, etc. And nothing like this has happened in the last 1300 miles since I got the bike.

2009 F4 1078 with now 6000 miles on it. I have the water pump upgrade but no other mods. Was serviced 1300 miles ago at purchase.

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
just do all the normal checks first,

1=check for bubbles in the tank ,use a torch light ,start the engine.
2= check all fuses

sounds like it is starving of fuel

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
I would agree that the issue is probably the fuel line popping off the fuel plate in the tank.
Shine a light into the tank, toward the back left as sitting on the tank, if you see a black hose that looks like it is going toward the top of the tank, then you have no fuel supply to your system.

There are may threads about this.

I doubt it is tempreature related.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

After the first go around there seems to be no problem withe fuel lines. Replaced the battery and it definitely turn over much stronger but still no ignition.

Going to check the coils and see what I find. Is it likely that all 4 would go bad? Or maybe a better question is if one suddenly went bad would that prevent the engine from starting?

Is there a 1000 CC electrical manual available? I saw one for the 750 but wasn't sure if that would provide any guidance.

Thanks all!

Henry

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Electrical trouble shooting is in the factory manual listed on Donsy's website.

There is a link at the top of each maintenance section.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I´ve had precisely that, 3 years ago, and heard other guys had the same problem - it would just shut off before a roundabout, when in negative fuelling. Had to pull the clutch and start it again, still in the move. ~the mechanic sorted it out the a proper tune in the Ecu. It´s a fuelling issue, and it just needs to be set correctly through a proper injection tune.
After that´s done, you´ll never have the problem again.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Eduardo comment that sounds very interesting. Could a mechanical problem like throttle body/ idle settings cause this? Reason why I ask is that the latest generation have these types of things required checking whenever in service. If I do my own servicing, then I need to learn to do these checks. Maintenance manual requires throttle body and idle checks. Idle check appears easy, just monitor RPMs at idle, adjusting is a different story.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That adjustment was done, if I´m not wrong, in a way that the idle was never going down too much, holding the fueling "active", let´s say, when deccalerating. Have to go, now, wll talk about this a bit later tonight, cheers, Fragile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the insight.

Eduardo, did you also have trouble starting it from cold starts? Right now it won't start at all.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
No, always started well.
But now I have overheat problems...or not, as some forum bros here were saying. I´m trying to find out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Double check your fuel hose, sounds like fuel starvation. I couldn't see mine was off when I had this problem by looking in the tank. I had to pull the pump (so to speak) for it to be obvious. I think it's worth doing before you go investigating more costly and complex problems. If it is the fuel hose, put a clamp on it. While your there check the condition of your fuel hoses, especially if you use fuel with ethanol.

Good luck, let us know how you get on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts