MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so maybe I should have said stupid me for using that plastic fuel filter.. supposed to be fully submersible.. and maybe it was before I added the pressure of a new Kemco in front of it.. RAN LIKE IT WAS ON RAILS for the 45 mins of time out of the garage. Next day fire it up, head down the road 3 miles and acted like it ran out of gas,
turns over , no start.. call the tow truck ( my wife) and get it home. With some quick assistance from a short person whom calls me father I pulled the airbox. turn key no fuel spray..

grabbed the gas can and poured a bit into the throttle, sure enough she jumped to life for 2 seconds.

Key on, pump spins, everything else is good, hit the started.. same open the tank grabbed a flashlight ( or a torch :blah:) turn key, gas splashing EVERYWHERE ..

Drained the fresh 4 gallons of fuel, spilling oh A FREAKING BUNCH in the garage in the process down past the filter so I can see in the tank, Sure enough I can see gas leaking out of the seam in the fuel filter, hit the key, she sprays like crazy but cant get fuel to the injectors..

so short lesson in a long winded rant.. Dont use that crap plastic submersible fuel filter unless you want to tear the tank down ...

FML so it goes.. :violin:

Enjoy

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
Pressurized fuel system...submersible isn't the key...designed for pressure is. Metal cans. Never saw a plastic pressurized filter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah yeah yeah :) supposed to be according to my NAPA guy.. guess the fact he had manicured nails should have been the key that he didnt know parts :)

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
?

Pressurized fuel system...submersible isn't the key...designed for pressure is. Metal cans. Never saw a plastic pressurized filter.
Ed;
Stock fuel filter on a Aprilia RSVR is plastic with a ground wire

:wtf:

:popcorn:

·
Administrator
19,829 Posts
Ground wire???? Well, I don't knows nuttin' 'bout no Prillas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts