MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spun out early this morning on some gravel. Aside from being terribly embarrassed during rush hour traffic, I was unhurt and my bike fared better than I expected.

I don't want to talk about it :loser:, but in brief, I pulled off a feeder to turn right into a breakfast joint and found myself almost immediately on nothing but loose gravel. Yes, I should have seen it coming, but it started as pavement, transitioned too quickly and I was careless. From there, it is a blur, but my initial read that something went "wrong" with the bike, is very likely not valid. I suspect that in my tired state, I grabbed too much brake and the back end wanted to keep going. I was not quick enough to recover and the bike came down on the left side before I killed the engine.

I need at least the following (need to clean it up to do full analysis):
- shifter
- aluminum radiator pipe
- F4 engine plate (left side lower)
- clutch lever

I expect that few of these parts are floating unused, but thought I would try.

I do apologize for shaming the MV community with such a silly stunt!

Regards,
SteveC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Steve. I do remember how slick the gravel is there. :eek: Hope you're up and going soon and I'm glad you are not hurt.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The important thing is that you are ok. I'm sure you can find the parts. Try Argo cycles in NH, they have a couple F4s, maybe they could find you some parts.

CAG

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - went back to the bike, moved the brake knob to the shifter and was able to get back to work. My head is not right and I am riding a bit on the paranoid side.

Another look and it appears that it will be a tad worse than my first take. Scratches on the swing arm, partial shredding of the axle nut, possible minor tank scratches :-(.

It's only a bike, but ouch.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:jsm: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
SteveC said:
The bike fared much worse! I was wearing a leather jacket....
man.... that's gotta hurt! I hope you have scrubbed it well to prevent infection.

what kind of leather jacket? surely not a riding jacket with armors?

Best of luck with the repair and healing, both you and the bike will be like new again... if you want to bring the bike back to perfect, you might want to get the insurance involved, those parts are very expensive.

it's great that you have those frame plug/protectors, they might have saved the bike from being a total loss(insurance).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
odonata said:
man.... that's gotta hurt! I hope you have scrubbed it well to prevent infection.

what kind of leather jacket? surely not a riding jacket with armors?

Best of luck with the repair and healing, both you and the bike will be like new again... if you want to bring the bike back to perfect, you might want to get the insurance involved, those parts are very expensive.

it's great that you have those frame plug/protectors, they might have saved the bike from being a total loss(insurance).
Yeah, my jacket is not up to snuff - no armor, just warm. I think that the zipper on the forearm got intimate with my arm, as the leather was not damaged.

I bought the bike cash and as fate has it, don't have collision. If I did not have two kids in college, the financial part would not bother me - alas...

I will get it back together over time. I may consider some CF to cover the flesh wounds, since I am not about to buy a new swingarm and expect that even those little F4 covers are not cheap. Thank the big guy that the tank was not torn apart or the frame dinged!

I appreciate the feedback here, but any parts out there looking for use? ;-)

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Steve, i have an extra F4 cover that i will send your way. i replaced mine with the motocorse and would rather it get some use than sit in my tool box. let me know and i can ship it out monday.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Greeneggs&ham said:
Steve, i have an extra F4 cover that i will send your way. i replaced mine with the motocorse and would rather it get some use than sit in my tool box. let me know and i can ship it out monday.
Oh, you are kidding me!:friday: I never imagined that part would come up. Received a PM from another MV guy with other parts, as well. I will send you a PM but wanted to publicly thank you for this super offer.

Regards,
SteveC

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Final assessment of damages and donated engine cap

Well, my engine cap came in (thanks Chris!) and I finally had time to clean and review the damages to the bike. A close look reveals what I had feared most... the tank is scratched :bawling:

If anyone has spare parts getting dusty, please let me know. I am willing to buy them:
- Radiator aluminum guard
- Intake vent (I may just get CF eventually)
- Rear axle nut
- Aluminum radiator pipe
- water pump cover
- Clutch lever
- swing arm ;-)
I was able to return the original bar-end weights to the bike and eliminate the damaged adapters from CRG. Photos below:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts