MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god I found this site! its a godsend when stuck on an oil/gas platform for 14 days.

working a full trip of nights and spending time on this site when things are quiete.
February is no time to be working offshore in North Sea,

·
Registered
186 Posts
time to get floaties for the F4?

My bike is lonely in the garage due to weather... At least I can look at it and sit on it. Couldn't imagine being stuck out there with the water.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Yes it sucks to be so far away from Wife, Bike and Home. But don't feel depressed, You can go Home again after 14 Days, I have to wait for a return Home at least another month. Just to be two weeks at Home and leaving than for at least four month on the next Project. Things can be worst, believe me.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its got its good points, okay you are out here for 2 weeks but the good point is you get 3 weeks home leave each time you get off, except for the occasional fire fighting course etc which is done on your leave time.

works out you only work 20 weeks a year with 30 weeks off unless you are pulled in the office for projects, the answer is: "dont answer your phone"

Jan / Feb are the worst with 100mph winds, high sea's, snow / sleet etc and no shelter which is not much fun if you are due off and the weather is too bad to allow a chopper to land.

Haupti - whats the project? what do you do?

only 10 days to go now, the count down is on.

one last thing, if any guys from the USA read this, I intend to fly out to new york in April/May for a couple of days then drive down to Miami with a good few stops in-between, can any one sugest a good scenic route after leaving Washington?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Well I'm building Power Plants, better Gas Turbines + Generators + Auxiliaries, and this all over the world. Actually I got it fairly good, I'm in Italy, but not in the nicest Place of Italy. So between Lombardia and Piemonte.
But hey from NYC to the South. May take the Blue Ridge Mountain Trail.
Keep on Buddy even the thoughest time will pass.

" I felt pretty down and suddenly heard a Voice speaking to me: "Smile it could be worst", I smiled and it came worst"

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ONE DAY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

thought this day would never come, sea height has been 15 meters so unable to get supply boats in, water down to a minimum so no work gear (overalls) washed, only enough water for showers but tanks running low.

If this keeps up there will be a down man until we get water onboard, but hey!!!!!! who cares, im off tomorrow haha hehe hoho

just for you guys not in U.K. - did you know our jails are full, only enough cells left for severe criminal acts, its all over the news, its like handing "get out of Jail free" cards to all the criminals, they now all know they can break into homes etc without the fear of prison, this place is going to the dogs!

anyway tomorrow the MV will be fired up (hopefully)

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Just imagine how much money you are racking in? I know a couple of my friends who works in the mines in Western Australia and they are rolling in it.

Its a sh!t job but someones got to do it.

Well you can go shopping for a couple Tambo with the excess danger money when your onsite. hehehe

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone ever felt really down

as if the worlds weight is on your shoulders

im so close to quiting this job

life at times is sh*t, think long and hard before working offshore.

·
Registered
728 Posts
At least you have job to go to. There are lots of people out of work these days and probably a lot more in the months to come. Your job may be terrible but look at the bright side that you can at least buy and keep things like an MV. Given that, I know it sucks when you hate your job.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have some close, very dear friends. The nicest people you can imagine. They went on a weekend vacation. When they returned, they found their beloved teenage son dead in his bedroom. He shot himself in the head. The parents haven't been quite the same since. You try to life with that!

Whenever I feel the world is against me, I think of them and I realize that I have a great life!

·
Registered
467 Posts
At least you have job to go to. There are lots of people out of work these days and probably a lot more in the months to come. Your job may be terrible but look at the bright side that you can at least buy and keep things like an MV. Given that, I know it sucks when you hate your job.
Totally agree. The unemployment rate in the U.S. here is around 6.7% and is only going to get worse in the coming months, so could be considered one of the more lucky people in the world. After all, the world could be a lot worse - you could be a Brutale rider or something :stickpoke

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Totally agree. The unemployment rate in the U.S. here is around 6.7% and is only going to get worse in the coming months, so could be considered one of the more lucky people in the world. After all, the world could be a lot worse - you could be a Brutale rider or something :stickpoke
Yeah, at least you still have your dignity:f4:

·
Registered
228 Posts

Roy

Sorry to hear you are down. You were close to throwing it all in going to Oz. It is difficult to know what to do for the best.

We shouldn't enter into doom and gloom top trumps, but I am in Yemen until 27 December - a 32 day trip, here it is illegal to demonstrate any acknowledgement of religion other than Islam, so we are not allowed tinsle, baubles, mistletoe - we are not allowed women on site so kissing amongst the blokes would be unsettling to me at least, ..... and no "Christmas" lunch.

But I am focussing on the upside - new year with the family is the next project that matters. Till then I will plod along 12 hrs a day every day the same.

If you can make the high's high enough then the lows will have their own weird distorted value since they pay for it.

I understand though that there can come a time when going home every evening may be the priority.

I hope you can slay your demons. :yo:

Gawaine

·
Registered
5,384 Posts

I hear you, but you know there are loads and loads of people out there that are in a x1000000000000000000000000000000000 time worse situation than yours, don't you? ;)

Just be thankfull that you're not one of them and enjoy what you have :)

:friday:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts